1500 calories

Options
At this point the 1200 calorie range feels a bit rough...so I have been doing 1500 calories.

Has anyone lost on 1500 cal. and if so, how long did it take you?

Replies

• mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I started at 1300 calories and was so tired and hungry and didnt lose any weight. Then i went up to 1600 and started losing. So far i lost 3 pounds, but i still find myself feeling tired and hungry at 1600 but im afraid to up my calories higher. Although alot of people on here say you need to fuel your body and eat more (healthy foods of course) to lose?!?! Seems to work.
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    I guess it depends on height and weight, but my calorie goal is 1690. And I know Im losing weight, the scale told me!
  • NicoleR1980
    NicoleR1980 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    im at 1500 and it works for me im losing about one to two pounds a week working out 5 times a week.
  • pixelsurgeon88
    pixelsurgeon88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i heard from a clip on youtube that most people fail at diets in the first week as they lower their calorie intake to quickly...there body isn't use to having so little calories, it makes them feel like they are starving and then they tend to over eat.

He suggested to try and lower your calorie intake each week. Im not too sure if this is correct but it makes a lot of sense to me.

I did it like this.

1st Week - 1600 calories
    2nd Week - 1400 calories
    3rd Week - 1200 calories

And I feel like I am fill all the time because I think I let my stomach shrink slowly. Also I think it comes down to you metabolism as well and how fast your body burns food.

Another thing I do is that I tend to have most of my snacks in the afternoon as I exercise at night so I have energy for my workouts.

I am not saying this will work for everyone but I is what has worked for me so far.

Allie x
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i heard from a clip on youtube that most people fail at diets in the first week as they lower their calorie intake to quickly...there body isn't use to having so little calories, it makes them feel like they are starving and then they tend to over eat.

He suggested to try and lower your calorie intake each week. Im not too sure if this is correct but it makes a lot of sense to me.

I did it like this.

1st Week - 1600 calories
    2nd Week - 1400 calories
    3rd Week - 1200 calories

And I feel like I am fill all the time because I think I let my stomach shrink slowly. Also I think it comes down to you metabolism as well and how fast your body burns food.

Another thing I do is that I tend to have most of my snacks in the afternoon as I exercise at night so I have energy for my workouts.

I am not saying this will work for everyone but I is what has worked for me so far.

Allie x

Thanks so much for this because i think this is what happened to me!! Im starving all the time and its very frustrating because im tired moody and hungry.. Maybe ill try this and see if it works! Thanks so much!
  • pixelsurgeon88
    pixelsurgeon88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

I did it like this.

1st Week - 1600 calories
    2nd Week - 1400 calories
    3rd Week - 1200 calories

Allie x

Thanks so much for this because i think this is what happened to me!! Im starving all the time and its very frustrating because im tired moody and hungry.. Maybe ill try this and see if it works! Thanks so much!

Your Welcome! I hope it helps ;)
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    this totally helps!! Thank you all for your responses.....I have hope! :D