Starting over

Options
So here I am again, starting on this weight loss journey for good. I tried a few months back but I couldn't keep up with the daily and constant logging. Now I am determined, as I have a very fun Cancun trip in about oh, 4 months. I know I'm not going to be losing a lot of weight by that time, but hey a girl can dream right? lol.

Anyways, I've come back determined more than ever. I come back more knowledgeable and more willing to do what needs to be done. I have set some goals that are smart and obtainable. And I'm not looking back.

My goals are:
1. Lose weight safely and effectively to keep it off.
2. By Christmas, I would like to lose 20-25 pounds. (maybe more)
3. While losing weight, I would like to tone up.
4. Maintain a healthier lifestyle by watching what I eat and how much I exercise..

I know how to accomplish this and what I need to do. So far I have stayed motivated, but it's only day 1.

I have always despised going to work out, however, today I woke up, got dressed, went to my chiropractor appointment, and figured if I was already dressed for the gym then there was really no excuse not to go. So I went. And I ran and lifted, and never felt better. I had more energy through the day and was all around happier. I was able to eat between breakfast and lunch around 600 calories. Usually I'm already close to 1000.

All I know is I want to lose the weight. Not to look better, but to feel better. I have to do this for me so I don't end up with the stuff the rest of my family has like diabetes, high blood pressure (luckily for me, mine is actually pretty decent considering my weight), and heart disease.

I'm going to take it slow and not try to lose a ton of weight in a short period of time. I want this to be a healthy weight loss journey.

Anyways, feel free to message me or add me. I always enjoy new friends to chat with.

:)

Replies

• MorbidNTT
    MorbidNTT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a plan... Good luck.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    25 lbs by Christmas is a very reasonable goal. Keep logging and exercising and you can DO it :)
  • stephj1216
    stephj1216 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks yall. I'm really determined this time. I don't know if it was not being able to make it up my stairs without my knees hurting or if I just finally clicked that it was something I needed to do.

I'm in it for the long haul.
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I wish you the very best of luck. I think it is great that you're not giving up and have a plan.