Help....

Options
I have set my mind to getting back in shape........exercising daily, eating healthier foods, etc. I am burning lots of calories and progressing my workouts weekly, but I just can't seem to take in enough calories. By the time I'm done with my workout, I don't have an appetite (I'm too hot, too sweaty).......any ideas on what's the best way to get by this? What are the best foods to eat after a hard workout?

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If you don't feel like eating after your workout, how about you drink your calories?
    It doesn't necessarily have to be a shake with protein powder, you could do a smoothie, throw in some frozen fruit, some yogurt or cottage cheese, milk, ice, peanut butter, cocoa powder... whatever you feel like :)
  • dixon03
    dixon03 Posts: 4
    Options
    Good Idea. Thanks!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    If you know you will be working out, eat more beforehand.

If possible, log the entire day's food early, or even the night before. It's really important to fuel your workouts. Eventually not eating enough is going to catch up to you with fatigue, irritability, inability to complete exercise, health problems, etc.
  • dixon03
    dixon03 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you. Didnt think of eating more before workouts.
  • christie41
    Options
    was reading a diet tip I think it was from Jillian Michaels that you should try to eat a snack before your workouts..around 100 calories..something healty. I've started doing that and it really helps me to last thru the workout and not want to quit half way thru