for those with a polar ft4

i am considering purchasing a polar ft4 so i can better track my calories burned. i have done some research on different heart rate monitors and am leaning towards the polar ft4. my only hesitation is the stopwatch feature. i am a runner and frequently run intervals and need to be able to at least see my time on a watch. so for those of you that use the polar ft4, does it have a stopwatch feature? are you able to see the time elapse on the watch as you workout, or do you only get to see the total time of your workout after your workout is complete. i just want to make sure i am getting what i need and don't really feel like wearing the heart rate monitor and an addition watch on interval days. thanks!

Replies

• AVinmill
    AVinmill Posts: 88 Member
    I've borrowed my girlfriends a few times now and maybe I just don't know all the features but I don't believe you can see your time during your run/workout. When I've used it all I could see is BPM until I am done. Someone else who has played around with more of the features may be able to say differently.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    i think the interval training feature is available on the next model up, the ft6 or something like that.
  • tr33p1g
    tr33p1g Posts: 85
    I have the FT4 and I'm pretty sure there's no stop watch feature, only total time.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    there is only the time, hr avg/max and calories burned on it. If you have a smart phone you might be able to find an app to use in conjunction with the FT4