Bar Drink Recommendations

Options
Tomorrow will be my 21st Birthday and there is going to be a lot of drinking in the next few days! I was wondering what some good, tasty, alcoholic beverages would be that are not too extreme in calories. I've always gone for the sweet and fruity alcoholic beverages, but I know those aren't always the best option calorically!

What are some of your favorite bar drinks that are a little more on the healthier side, but still taste good!

Replies

• athenad121
    athenad121 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You're best bet is probably a simple mixed drink made with diet soda. I love Grey Goose & seltzer with lime...all I have to count is the calories from the vodka :)
  • emilypurplefrog
    emilypurplefrog Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You're best bet is probably a simple mixed drink made with diet soda. I love Grey Goose & seltzer with lime...all I have to count is the calories from the vodka :)

Thanks for the Recommendation! I like tonic water with lime juice, so I'm sure that would probably satisfy me while going out!
  • cdmyers6
    cdmyers6 Posts: 10
    Options
    Mojito's are pretty low in cals compared to most other sweet drinks. Also, lighter colored alcohol like vodka, clear gin, and silver tequila are lower in cals than darker colored alcohol like whiskey. Shots would be your best bet, or mix it with diet soda! Hope you have an awesome night, and happy birthday!! =D
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Happy Natal Anniversary!

Avoiding the sweet, fruity drinks is best. Stick to something simple.
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I like cake vodka (70 cals per shot) with any fruity flavored crystal light- I prefer fruit punch or grape with it....
  • raoflight
    raoflight Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Diet drinks are your best bet and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Enjoy it!
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options
    vodka seltzer splash of pineapple!

darker alcohol is not that much more caloric than clear, but the toxins are harder to clarify. i'm a big whiskey drinker myself and just drink scotch on the rocks :) or the aforementioned vodka seltzer!
  • ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love Captain and Diet Coke. Mount Gay Rum is even better, more vanilla-y... with one shot & diet they end up about 80 calories.

Light beers... I love Light Coronas, only 99 cals each.

Wine is also a good choice since it's pretty low cal compared to most mixed drinks.
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Frankly, straight shots of Fireball Whiskey make me happy happy happy!!! Also, Vodka with a bit of Orange Pineapple juice.
  • canadianbugga
    canadianbugga Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Rum or Vodka with diet coke.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Well I've been sticking with white wine.. BUT I have a feeling you want a mixed drink.:happy:
    And my go to for that is diet coke & vodka (I do get vanilla vodka though.. tastes really good)

happy birthday
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    MOJITOS ARE LOWER IN CALORIES THAN MOST
  • carriparton
    carriparton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Flavored vodka with tonic or seltzer. Diet 7up or Sprite if they have it, but most bars only have Diet Coke/ Pepsi. Even flavored vodka with diet Coke/ Pepsi would be good!! Happy 21st! Have a great time!!!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    SkinnyGirl has Cocktails, Vodka, and Wine
  • zclark13
    zclark13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! Just remember Have Fun and Be Safe are not mutually exclusive!!! Now that I've got the mommy thing out of the way....
    If you already drink tonic, ask if they have diet, but even plain tonic is better than juices...they have more sugar than regular tonic. Some places have "skinny" cocktails, ask the bartender.
    rum and diet coke/pepsi
    jack/crown and diet coke/pepsi
    See if you can get a marguerita made with lime juice instead of sweet and sour
    white wine and soda/seltzer

Make sure you drink a glass of water between drinks...you'll feel full and it will help you feel better the next day!!!:drinker:
  • mds81
    mds81 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This link may be of help:
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=893

I track the drinks I have and try to work them into my calorie goal. Special occasions like your birthday (woohoo go you! :drinker: ) I wouldn't be too worried about going a little over!

==> The real danger is the overeating that can accompany the drinks! <==
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    vodka/rum/whisky/tequila (think really high proof alcohols)
    mixed with diet soda.

zero carb and low in cals =]
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    also avoid the flavoured vodkas- they have carbs!
  • 9thwardchick
    9thwardchick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Vodka and tonic with lime
    Cosmopolitans (It's more alcohol than cranberry juice)
    Coconut rum and diet coke
  • emilypurplefrog
    emilypurplefrog Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks so much for the tips! I really always thought that the only healthy options were skinnygirl drinks and diet sodas or seltzer and vodka