Anyone, Male or Female.. want to start a group?

andreaxmariexvnv
andreaxmariexvnv Posts: 30
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I think it would be a good idea to start a support system. Anyone interested?:bigsmile:

Replies

• bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    I'd like to! I have no idea how! LOL I just started and am trying to figure things out.
  • BossyGirl
    BossyGirl Posts: 173 Member
    It seems like the support group that I started fell apart so im in.
    Weigh in on Sundays?
    Whats the name of the group?
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Yikes I am not brave enough to do a weigh in on a Sunday! LOL How about Friday? :noway:
  • I'm in, weigh in on Sundays' sound good. I did mine today (192...yeah, I know).

I've been hitting the gym daily for an hour, starting tomorrow 2 hours daily.

My full household has turned healthy, and got on board. My brother dropped 50+ pounds, my mother 20+ pounds.

My goal is to be at least in the 170's before the new year.

Lets do this!
  • I'm in! I don't have a set of scales yet so can't do weigh ins (I live in China and weirdly can't seem to be able to find any to buy anywhere but I am looking). But I would like to have a support group to help keep me on track with my calorie and exercise goals - maybe until I find some scales I can report on whether I have stuck to my goals or not if that's ok with everyone?

I am starting Couch25km today and my goal is to do at least that plus Pilates twice a week for this month. And then crank it up again next month!
  • I'd like to, as well.
  • I'm in too, haven't been doing well, need to get back on track!:flowerforyou:

247588.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • I'm in! I'm new again! I had joined once a while back and then slacked off and never signed in. So......This time is it! My doctor gave me a year to hit my goal and I am determined to do it. 26 pounds in a year. I know I can do it, I just have to stay motivated and a group sounds like a great idea! I will stay tuned for details!!! ;)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I always wish I could do weekly weigh-ins in a group, but I don't have scales (thank god), and I don't have a car (blah...lol), so I can't always get myself weighed when I would like to.
  • Yay! I found a set of scales - being delivered tommorrow hopefully (love Ikea).

So I am definitely keen to join the group. Happy to do weigh ins any day. I noticed some other groups do challenges and stuff, would people be keen for that?

PS. I think MFP is not working today - I logged all my food and it says in 5 weeks I will weigh 36kgs! I know I wanna lose weight but not that much :laugh:
  • Ok guys, lets weigh in on Sundays! Don't get too down on yourself if you slip, just keep in mind this is a support group. We're not here to punish you :wink: We should probably add each other as friends and keep in touch throughout the week. I'm rather new to the website, so if there is a way to form an "official" group please let me know. Thanks guys, hope to hear back!
  • I'm in!!! I could use a bit of support and motivation.
  • I'm in! I would love to join this group!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    I think I am in, I used to be a member of the black team and it was awesome but I slacked off three times and need to start again. I need motivation AGAIN!! :noway:
  • Hey Everyone,

So what's everyone's work out routine?

And is everyone pretty much on 1200 cals?

To answer my own Q:

I used to do the Biggest Loser/Jillian Michael DVDs but the motive to do them wasn't enough. So I joined the gym, and have been consistent.

Also carpooling to gym with 3 other people, helps keep me on track.

I notice, I'm between 1200-1400 cals.

I hope, I'm below the 190's come this Sunday.
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Hey guys! Is it too late to join your support group? I hope not:embarassed:
    I am good for weighing in on Sundays! (I weigh in at work every Monday morning anyway for our version of "The Biggest Loser").
    I am at 1200 calories a day (give or take a few for exercise).
    My exercise goal is 150 minutes a week, but I usually double that.
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Hey Guys! :flowerforyou:
    I've added a couple of you as friends, but haven't chatted yet. How's everyone's week going? Are you interested in starting a thread on the Motivation and Support message board? If so, what do you want to call it? I don't mind trying to figure it out if you are interested...I have to post almost daily in order to keep myself motivated!
  • AmandaJ
    I went for a walk today and at first it was like I don't want to do this, but once I got moving I felt great. I will post my stats but we are using this as our thread or starting a new one under our group name.
  • I think it would be great to start a new thread with our group name . . . don't have any good ideas though sorry :ohwell:

Amanda great stuff going for a walk even though you didn't want to! I felt like that last night when I was supposed to go for a run butit was raining and cold and I was tired. I made myself go anyway and felt so much better after.

Hope everyones week is going well! I am so pleased it is Friday yaaaaaaaaay!
  • AmandaJ
    Well I wish I had better ideas for a name but how about the "Let's Do It Team" or oh I have no good ideas! :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.