Hungry? Do this and everything will taste bad.

courtney_love2001
courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I actually didn't mean to do this...but I figured that it would be okay to use mouthwash a couple hours before I wanted to eat again. I was wrong. This stuff isn't like regular rinse...it is like rinse on steroids! The "minty" taste lasts a long time and ruins all food taste. I tried to eat different things to make the yucky taste go away (peanut butter, pita chip, bread) to no avail--it made everything taste like crap and as a result I was 200 calories under for the day. I had planned to have a sweet treat a few hours before bed and I couldn't :sad:

Anyway, if you want to curb your appetite with mouthwash, this is definitely the way to go:
Crest Pro-Health Rinse. It has no alcohol in it so it doesn't burn, so it's actually quite pleasant to use. It better be eating all my plaque away if I had to give up dessert for it! :bigsmile:

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    I have the same mouth wash! And I concur, and it explicitly says on the bottle not to eat for at least 30 minutes. So, it buys some time!...plus the taste thing buying time too :D
  • BossyGirl
    BossyGirl Posts: 173 Member
    Im gonna tr it...maybe it will help with my late night snacking.
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Ima look in my cubbard right now :drinker:

because I ate too many Waffles this morning & have no calories left for the day....

I shouldnt have put the 1/3 cup of oil in the mix because it was so caloric!!!! Wonder if there is a substitute for oil in waffle mix?:noway: :grumble: :noway:
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    hmmmm sounds worth a try :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    That stuff has THE worst aftertaste of all mouthwashes that I've tried- it's sort of a chemical rubbery taste. Not pleasant.
  • I use applesauce and they come out fine. I just use it for my kids, they suck up to many calories for me period. But they are good.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    I use applesauce and they come out fine. I just use it for my kids, they suck up to many calories for me period. But they are good.

:ohwell: eh applesauce? i definitly missed something in this thread lol going back to re-read lol
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    I use applesauce and they come out fine. I just use it for my kids, they suck up to many calories for me period. But they are good.

applesauce instead of oil? Good Idea....not sure if it would've worked in the waffle machine?:noway:

So now that I don't have any calories left...I will have to go gargle with that mouth wash I :tongue: guess
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    That stuff has THE worst aftertaste of all mouthwashes that I've tried- it's sort of a chemical rubbery taste. Not pleasant.

It is pretty terrible huh? But my mouth still tastes crappy and even drinking water is unpleasant...
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    I may have to get some. I've been drinking mint tea at night so that I don't drink wine... but while waiting for my hot tea to cool a little, I sneak in a glass anyway:drinker: :noway:
    Thanks for the tip!
This discussion has been closed.