Sludge

Options
musclebuilder
musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
take a scoop or 2 of chocolate/or other flavor protein powder and mix it in a bowl with a serving of peanut butter and a little water. Mix to a pudding like consistency and enjoy..I like to freeze mine some times and make "sludgecream"..or after you mix it in a bowl then stick it in a microwave for a minute or so and you'll have a "sludge brownie". Anybody who wants to eat healthy and gets cravings for something sweet. This will hit the spot and then some. Once and a while I chop up a protein bar in to little pieces and throw it in with the sludge and freeze it. Its like a dairy queen blizzard. :bigsmile:

You could add in other options that you may enjoy. Lots of possibilities..I also make sludge and use it as a syrup for my protein pancakes. You just have to get creative.

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i have been wanting to try protein powder, but was afraid of the taste....maybe this could help....maybe
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    for some reason it wanted to post that twice, so, edit....
  • musclebuilder
    Options
    Protein powder is awesome!! The brand I use gives me 22g of quality protein with no carbs, 1g fat at 104 cals per scoop. Find me anything else that gives you 22g protein at that low of calories, fat, carbs and tastes great. Theres so many tasty flavors available now and days. Ohh yeah, and its quick and easy as can be. :wink:
  • Mariettarose
    Options
    What kind are you using? My husband is using something with a lot more fat. I worry about the amount of fat he has with his workouts.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,683 Member
    Options
    Protein powder is awesome!! The brand I use gives me 22g of quality protein with no carbs, 1g fat at 104 cals per scoop. Find me anything else that gives you 22g protein at that low of calories, fat, carbs and tastes great. Theres so many tasty flavors available now and days. Ohh yeah, and its quick and easy as can be. :wink:
    How about egg whites? Six large egg whites = 24 grams of protein, 0 carbs, 0 fat, and 102 calories.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,683 Member
    Options
    P.S. I'm not slamming your protein powder. I just felt like taking on your challenge. And I love eggs! :tongue:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Eggs aren't sweet!!!!:smile: The protein powder I use is 24g of protein and 120 calories 1 gram of fat. I love my protein shakes. I use this for something sweet at night. I may have to try the "sludge". I have made my shake and put it in the freezer and forgot about it and when I remembered it was icey. Really good like that.
  • musclebuilder
    Options
    What kind are you using? My husband is using something with a lot more fat. I worry about the amount of fat he has with his workouts.

I use MGN/ muscle gauge nutrition premium protein powder..I don't like high cal/fat/carb protein powders so its a great option for my goals.
  • musclebuilder
    Options
    How about egg whites? Six large egg whites = 24 grams of protein, 0 carbs, 0 fat, and 102 calories.
    P.S. I'm not slamming your protein powder. I just felt like taking on your challenge. And I love eggs! :tongue:

I did not think you were slamming PP... I love egg whites also and I eat them every single day.:) But like april said, eggs are not sweet so unless you enjoy the taste of raw egg whites:noway: you may want to stick with protein powder..Atleast for the sludge..Egg whites are a great choice any other time thou.
  • musclebuilder
    Options
    Eggs aren't sweet!!!!:smile: The protein powder I use is 24g of protein and 120 calories 1 gram of fat. I love my protein shakes. I use this for something sweet at night. I may have to try the "sludge". I have made my shake and put it in the freezer and forgot about it and when I remembered it was icey. Really good like that.

Definitely give it a try April. Its the best!! I can't live without it.

At night time for my pre-bed meal. 2 hours or so before I get in to bed I make a bowl of sludge with 2 scoops protein powder and a serving of peanut butter and some water of course. Mix it up and stick it in the freezer. then before bed I relax, unwind in front of the tv for a bit with my bowl of sludgecream. Its basicly like eating icecream but in my opinion its even better. No Guilt with all the flavor and enjoyment!:smile:
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bump