todays nsv

Options
so this evening i decide to take a walk. i don't want to, but not wanting to is what got me to this place to begin with, and i know i will feel better afterwards. and, if all else fails, it gets me out of the house for an hour. so i get about 10 houses down my block and a neighbor whose name i remember sometimes, but not today, is taking out his garbage. we chat seldom and are more of the "wave as i drive by" neighbors who happen to live on the same block. as i am walking i am hoping he turns around and goes back inside b/c i can't remember his name, and i don't want to stop my walk. he turns and takes two steps towards the house then turns around and waits for me. damn.

i get to his house and now have to stop b/c it is clear he wants to chat. after we say hello and he expresses his concern for an elderly neighbor he hasn't seen in two days, he says, "i was about to walk inside, but then realized it was you, and realized how much weight you have lost, so i decided to tell you how great you look. not to be weird or anything, coming from another guy." so i say thank you, and he asks how i am doing it and what my workouts are and stuff.

as we are talking i see his wife in the doorway, she waves and starts walking up the stairs to the second floor. she takes two steps up, turns around, comes back down, opens the door and says, "oh my gosh, you look terrific. how much weight have you lost?" before i can even finish my answer, she interrupts, "i can't believe how good you look!" i tell her it's been a bit over 50 pounds since january. we chat a little more, and i continue on my walk.

i walked on the clouds for the next 55 minutes or so. nice motivation to finish the walk that i didn't want to take in the first place.

Replies

• misstori09
    misstori09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What does NSV mean?
  • tad10301030
    tad10301030 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Non-scale victory! (just learned that today)
  • tad10301030
    tad10301030 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the success!
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    How wonderful!!!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Good for you and how kind of them to stop and tell you how great you look!
  • dconnolly818
    dconnolly818 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!! It never ceases to amaze me how much more the question 'have you lost weight' or someone saying I look good/better means to me then the numbers on the scale.
  • mrsains
    mrsains Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV. It's always nice to know that the hard work you are doing shows! And great motivation to keep moving :)
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    What a nice story!!!!
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME! Clearly whatever you're doing is working! Keep it up! :smile:
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Nice! Hip hip hooray for your visible weight loss and for neighbors who take time to tell you about it!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    So great! :smile:
  • djkamin60
    Options
    Greatest feeling in the world when others notice the weight loss no matter where you're at on this journey. Great job on your loss!:happy:
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this story- I can so feel the great vibe those neighbors gave- LOVE LOVE LOVE

Oh and congrats to you and your 50 lbs gone! That is amazing- keep walking- obviously it looks good on you :flowerforyou:
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    awesome, congrats :D!
  • jenntx2000
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • tommygirl2
    tommygirl2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great NSV. Great story. Thanks for sharing and Congrats!!!
  • Araucaria29
    Araucaria29 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This is a great story! Thanks for sharing!
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It's so nice when those unexpected good surprises happen. Great NSV. Congrats on your hard work!
    Also, so well written- you should think about being a writer.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You know, I am losing the weight for me and my family but every now and then it is nice when others notice and have nice things to say.

Way to get out on the walk even when you didn't feel like it. That is how we get stronger
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!