Plyometrics - new found respect for my daughter

Options
So I have been on this healthy lifestyle kick for nearly 3 months, lots of success, over 30 lbs lost, improved resting heart rate by 20 bpm, dropped body fat by about 5%. My daughter is a competitive speed skater and has been eating reasonably healthily, exercising a few times a week and really has almost nothing to lose.

I had been routinely rowing further, cross training harder and faster than her and so was starting to think I was fitter - big mistake! Tonight she had me do a plyometrics set with her, something they do for speed skating training [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plyometrics]. I could not finish the three sets, I managed two and half but was going much slower than her and certainly didn't have such good technique.

I have come to the conclusion that there is a big difference between getting a bit fit, improving cardio, and being an athlete!

Replies

• Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Plyometric workouts are a whole 'nother ballgame altogether ^_^

I know exactly what you're saying on that, though - I can move some heavy weight with the legs but anytime I want to really feel sore.. I do a plyometric routine. The last one cost me four days of soreness!