PRAYERS NEEDED

Options
mommared53
mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
My son and I were coming home from church tonight on the bus and a young girl handed my son a note as she got off. Obviously, she had noticed him carrying a Bible. She wrote she had been clean and sober and recently relapsed and she didn't want to do drugs anymore and asked for prayer. My son asked that I don't include her name even though she only gave her first name but God will know who you are praying for with the information I'm giving. Please pray for her. She really touched both of us with her plea for help from a total stranger. Thank you so much in advance.

Replies

• jeteyez85
    Options
    Will do
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Awwww My Heart :heart: goes out to her. I will pray for her too.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Awww, consider it done. She must really be hurting to reach out like that.
  • strongandfit
    Options
    Wish her the best. Alcohol and drug addiction is a tough thing to go through.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much to those who have responded. My heart is so burdened for this young girl. I'm bumping this so others will see it and hopefully others will pray also. Please remember to keep her in your prayers. God bless you. :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    This made me smile through tears.

She knows the power of prayer. She believes God can help her. She reached out to someone she knew would pray for her. She wants to overcome her addiction.

God placed y'all on that bus just for her. :flowerforyou:

I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    This touched my heart:heart: I def will pray for this girl, I have family members that have struggled with drug addiction so I know how hard it is and the good thing is that she wants help.

~I can do all things through Christ, who strengthenth me~
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I was driving down the road one day and had an overwhelming feeling to pray for an old friend I had not seen for years. I didn't question, and just pulled over and prayed for 15-20 minutes. My heart hurt all day and I continued to pray for this friend.

That weekend I was at his sister's shower and her mom called me aside to tell me he went into rehab.........at the exact moment I was called to prayer. She said he called her from the front door and said he needed her to pray for him, because he couldn't open the door to enter the rehab center.

He did go in and said it was an overpowering feeling he had, and that his heart hurt.

Amazing what can happen if we listen.

Prayers are sent up this day for that woman:flowerforyou: