Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

will this affect my weigh in

Options
hi everyone i have been ill for the last 3 days with a stomach bug in this time i have barely eaten but i forced a bit of food down and drank water,had no more than 400 cals a day(my normal is around 1800)

my weigh in is at the end of the week my question is am i likely to maybe lose more weight cause of illness,or will it make no difference at all

Replies

• Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    With any illness you will lose some appetite, but the thing to be careful of is when you start feeling better you get a HUGE appetite. Just be careful of that.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    It will probably make you appear to have lost more than you really did, at least that's what happens to me. When I'm sick, I usually lose about 3 pounds from being sick alone if it's the kind that takes my appetite. But usually when I'm getting better I notice that I can't eat as much as I did before I got sick. It almost seems that my stomach shrinks when I don't feel like eating for a while. So.. because of that I can usually maintain the loss if I try my best to get back to normal eating habits slowly.