THE MUSIC THAT MOVES YOU

Options
UNTOLDSMILE
UNTOLDSMILE Posts: 150 Member
I am curious as to what you listen to when you work out. Do you listen to different styles of music depending on what it is you are doing or do you just let the music go? For me I change it up depending on my mood or the exercise, but my warm up song always stays the same and that's the Red Hot Chili Peppers "Strip My Mind". So here is a list of the music I use most frequently whether I’m doing weights or cardio:

SLIPKNOT
AVENGED SEVENFOLD
AFI
DAFT PUNK
LITTLE RICHARD
HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD
THE ROOTS
LINKIN PARK
DROPKICK MURPHYS

That’s just a sample of what I have going. Please share what you are listening to.

Replies

• liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Santana
    Matchbox20
    BareNakedLadies
    Talking Heads
    Indigo Girls
    Soundtrack from Magnolia (Aimee Mann)
    Michael Franti

BNKs pop up on the iPod like a rescue flotilla sometimes.
  • CalWalker
    Options
    me, my brother, and our friend always workout to
    Breaking Benjamin
    Killswitch engage
    and Project 86
  • khall9228
    Options
    I listen to faster paced music. Totally digging ur list btw.. I listen to As I Lay Dying, Blessthefall, Tonight Alive, Demon Hunter, old school Linkin Park(up to and including Meteora), Iron Maiden, Sum 41, Blink, etc. Stuff that gets my adrenaline pumping
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I am curious as to what everyone chooses to listen to. It's a wide variety of music. I like that.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Halestorm
    ZZ Ward
    Gil Scott-Heron
    Jeff Beck
    Gov't Mule
    Mudvayne
    NIN
    Shinedown
    Tool
    Maroon 5
    Alex Clare
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    I forgot to mention Tiger Army as well. There's a lot lol!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,034 Member
    Options
    My taste in music is all over the map and then some. The only kind of music I don't particularly enjoy is rap and there are exceptions to that as well.

Looking at the playlist running now...

Enigma
    Pink
    Darude
    J.J. Cale
    The Beach Boys
    Pat Benatar
    Peter Gabriel
    The Alan Parsons Project
    Linkin Park
    Woodboy
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    Linkin Park seems to be pretty common among people. I like Fort Minor as well.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Linkin Park seems to be pretty common among people. I like Fort Minor as well.
    I've been listening closely to one of their newer songs "Numb" as I'm working my way through the emotional turmoil of separating from my wife. Funny how songs sometimes resonate.
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. Music is one of the best choices to find a type of catharsis.
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    Bruce Springsteen
    Enigma
    Tom Petty
    Ashes Remain
    Jeremy Camp
    Tenth Avenue North
    Most Contemporary Christian
    And all Country
  • UncleMac
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. Music is one of the best choices to find a type of catharsis.
    Thanks. It will be healthier for both of us in the long run. Sux in the short run. Music helps huge, regardless what's going on. I don't exercise without the iPod feeding me. Headphones in the office so I can focus on the job. Even here at home, relaxing.