Mexican Lasagna

Options
buffyangel2000
buffyangel2000 Posts: 54 Member
I had this tonight and it was so yummy, I had to share!!!

Servings 10

1 pound lean ground beef
1 jar (24 ounces) salsa
5-6 corn tortillas (8" diameter)
2 cups fat-free sour cream
9 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1 bag (10 ounces) frozen corn

Preheat the oven to 375. Coat a 13"x9" baking dish with cooking spray.

Set a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes, or until the meat is browned and cooked through. Drain any excess fat and discard it, Stir in salsa.

Spoon enough of the meat into the prepared baking dish to cover the bottom. Arrange about 1 3/4 tortillas on top, cutting or tearingto fit properly. Top with one-third of the sour cream, 3/4 cup of the cheese, half of the remaining meat, and half of the corn. Repeat layers with 1 3/4 tortillas, one-third of the sour cream, 3/4 cup of the cheese, the remaining meat, and the corn. Repeat the layers with 1 3/4 tortilla, the remaining sour cream, and the remaining cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.

Bake for 40 minutes, or until bubbling. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.

Replies

• wait_loss
    wait_loss Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious. and way easier than the one that I have seen with Black beans, mole and the beef mixed together and Campbell's cheddar cheese soup. And yours seems to be on target for low-cal. Thanks for sharing.
  • alanmcloughlin
    alanmcloughlin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tazzzydevl
    tazzzydevl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting.. I make something very similar -- I use the same ingredients but add a can of black beans and a packet of taco seasoning.. Super yummy!!
  • buffyangel2000
    buffyangel2000 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's a low calorie recipe.

Calories: 266
    Total Fat: 6.9g
    Cholesterol: 37.3mg
    Sodium: 813.6mg
    Potassium: 147.9mg
    Total Carbs: 19.7g
    Protein: 17.9g
  • droogievesch
    Options
    Thanks for posting.. I make something very similar -- I use the same ingredients but add a can of black beans and a packet of taco seasoning.. Super yummy!!

I think that's what I'm going to do as well! I have 1100 calories left for the day. Time to go grocery shopping :)
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump