30 day shred

Options
how should I blog it for excercise? Some one said it last week & I forget...:blushing:

Replies

• pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I log it as vigorous calisthenics.
    Congrats on doing it by the way! I'm on phase 3, and I've noticed HUGE differences in my body, especially my tummy and thighs (trouble areas :noway: )

Stick with it, it's well worth it! :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I log it as 20 minutes of "Circuit training, general" (I don't count the warmup and cooldown). MFP says it's 250 calories, and that's about right according to my HRM.

I'm on cirtuit 2 now, and I like it. I'm seeing real progress.
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    definately circuit training...general..

Cindy
  • bemoreal
    Options
    HELP! What is the 30 day shred and how can I get started?
  • CasperO
    Options
    HELP! What is the 30 day shred and how can I get started?

It's a fun little exercise DVD. You get your sweats on, grab a couple little handweights or soupcans or whatever, fire up the DVD and this sicko on TV kicks your butt for half an hour!

"""Three well-structured aero/tone interval workouts led by “The Biggest Loser” trainer. These fast-paced exercises will keep you burning fat as you sculpt muscle. The programs build in intensity; you can start with the intermediate level and work up to the advanced program (it’s tough! — moves like plyo-lunges and traveling pushups). Each workout has three “cycles.” Each cycle starts with three minutes of multi-muscle and isolated strength training. Then it’s two minutes of non-dancy kickbox and athletic-style cardio. That’s followed by one minute of classic abwork (then — no rest — you’ll immediately start a new cycle). Like on the TV show, Jillian is both demanding and supportive. Requires 3 to 5 lb. dumbbells. ©2008"""

It's fun - the 1/2 hour passes really quickly. If you work at it It will get you great results. I'm about 1/2way thru the 30 days and I'm noticeably leaner and stronger.

The DVD is like $10 at Wallyworld/Amazon/Target etc.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Ahaha,, thanks guys! I am LOVING it! I am looking forward to going home tonight and working out...I feel good already, although I honestly feel like I'm not pushing myself hard enough.. even though you'll hear a few ' **** you, jillian' s..lol:flowerforyou:
  • Nikki143
    Options
    so how often do I up my levels?
  • CasperO
    Options
    I started doing level 2 when level one got "easy",,, well, Ok, not easy, but got where I could get thru it with no cheating and no missed movements. I think the "30 day" idea is like 10 days on level 1, the 10 days on level 2, then 10 days on level 3. Your mileage may vary,,, and I'd say 10+10+10 is pretty optimistic for a very healthy exerciser.

For Mrose and I it'll probably be "60 day shred",,, and that's kewl too. :smile:
  • Nikki143
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ahahaha, Thanks Casper, Thats how I'll do it! tonite is day 3!!