Which one do you like to do more?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Lifting! I do not love being out of breath.
  • IAmFranciscoB
    Options
    BOTH

Lifting first then cardio after.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Weights. I hate cardio.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I prefer doing both 6x a week.

On my heavy lifting days (M-W-F), I'll only do 30 minutes of cardo.
    On light lifting days (T-T-S), I'll cardio for 45 minutes.

I do enjoy the lifting aspect quite a bit, but not more than cardio. They are equally rewarding to me.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I love cardio. I'm trying to like weight lifting!

this!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Weights all the way! I've never done any cardio, except a few casual sessions of 20 minutes on the stationary bike and that was boring as hell. Why would I want to loose my time to burn energy that is going to make me hungry and in the end I will have to eat more food. It's just wasting money on food and gym membership. Not to mention that you probably could have earned some money in that time instead of doing those stupid boring repetitive movements. Weights are able to give much better stimulus to your body to stay lean and maintain healthy muscle mass. If you eat 2700 calories to maintain weight you're much better off just reducing the food intake by some calories and not loose your time and money.

this is not slamming you in any way...it just reminded me....my personal trainer and her personal trainer boyfriend have opposite views. recently, when her weight lifting boyfriend and my cardio loving (and lifting) friend were competing in the warrior dash, she left him in the dust. he couldn't believe that he was winded and had such a hard time. it was because he didn't have the endurance for the 45 minutes of running up hill, down hill, climbing, crawling, etc.

my friend says that he's built for looks, not for speed.

It depends what your goals are I suppose. I do both now, but I love my cardio, prolly cuz it's power zumba.
  • nathan6878
    nathan6878 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I would have to say cardio!! Love to jump on the eliptical and then the bike, couple hours after that get a couple laps in the pool!! Just love it
  • PeterThompson
    Options
    i like to do more liftings to tone up my muscles but i do also cardio like running ang jogging to develop it http://bestadjustabledumbbellsreviews.com/
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    weights... but im starting to really enjoy cardio too..
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Cardio. It helps my anxiety, it keeps me calm, and I love the runner's zen.

I just started lifting. I don't hate it. But I always lose count. My body shape is changing in a way I like with the lifting.

So love cardio, warming up to lifting....feel both are equally important.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    No contest. Cardio, because I cant lift anything over 5 pounds anyway:laugh:
  • lOvEly805
    Options
    Cardio :) Love to run with my music :))
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Lifting. Most cardio I do because I feel I have to since I use my exercise calories as my deficit.