INSANITY! (: <-- Because I Love It!

Options
2»

Replies

• wagneco17
    Options
    Yessss! Today was my best workout day ever (2 nd week Plyometric). I pushed so hard, hardly any breaks, I'm STRONGER and MORE FLEXIBLE. I'm so excited to do it (INSANITY) again tomorrow.

Woot Woot!!
  • samwisev
    Options
    I've done 3 days of Insanity and it's amazing! I've been sitting here with a fan on constantly with my head glowing with heat. Splitting my food down into 5 equal meals and sticking to the food planner, along with the exercise, has really ramped up my metabolism. I had a good base level of fitness from lots of walking and mountain biking but this is on another level. Great for anyone looking for a challenge.
  • Hama900
    Hama900 Posts: 25
    Options
    Weightlifting on mondays - wednesdays - fridays and Insanity on tuesday & thursdays = perfect combo!
  • DrScrappy
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Insanity. I have lost the last (almost) 10lbs of pregnancy chunk in two months. The first month was a little discouraging because I did not start losing much until the 4th week. I also did not follow the meal plan right away either. The second month it came off quicker and now I’m at my goal weight. I finished round 1 the last week of June and just started the second round 3 weeks ago because I love it so much.

Make sure you are eating enough calories, eating healthy and drinking of enough water too!

This is encouraging, because I've noticed 1.5 total inches lost and the scale can't make up its mind. I'm trying not to focus on my weight loss so much anymore, and trying to just get addicted to doing the work out itself for sake of doing it. I hope that one day, when I least expect it, I'll wake up thinner lol. Anyways, I'm happy to hear that even if I dont see much happening the first month, the second month holds lots of promise.
  • DrScrappy
    Options
    QUESTION:
    According to the nutrition plan, I need to bump up my calories to 2,261! That's like 700 calories:huh: more than I currently eat. I am finding it hard to believe I need that much to LOSE weight. :noway: . Somebody convince me I need to follow the plan..
    (FYI, I'm 5'6, 31, 185lbs, and I selected very active since I've been doing insanity consistently every morning - except break day).

ANOTHER QUESTION:

Was thinking of doing some of the 10 minute trainer DVDs in the evening, maybe 3 days a week. Anybody had any trouble with doing more than one workout a day. Or is there any really insane person that does insanity twice a day???
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    But Tanya must really be a robot!!!

Your right about Tanya - shes insane!

I *hate* Tanya! Am a big fan of Josh cos he gets stuff wrong like I do!

It is kinda discouraging at first but, as Shaun T says, as long as you're going as hard as you can you're doing it right! And it does get, well not easier but less impossible!

I've still not managed to get my calories up but I need to, I seem to loose the most weight on the day after rest day, I.e. after I've burnt less calories and therefore netted more.
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Regarding the knees hurting... Mine do too so I either modify the exercise so I'm not jumping as much but still moving enough to keep my heart (and sweat) rate up or I have these 'hold you in' leggings that are supposed to make you look slimmer but are really supportive and they seem to help. Also, make sure you're wearing the right shoes, I got new cross training ones and they have made a big difference.
  • texaspyro_4291
    Options
    Yessss! Today was my best workout day ever (2 nd week Plyometric). I pushed so hard, hardly any breaks, I'm STRONGER and MORE FLEXIBLE. I'm so excited to do it (INSANITY) again tomorrow.

HELL YEAH!! YOU GOT IT!!!! I absolutely love insanity and even though it hurts when I do it, it feels so great afterwards!! Last semester I got a group together and we did it every morning from 6-7 ish until about finals time, but I love it! I'm lookin to start it up again here next week with a new crew on campus.

Best of luck to eveyone!! Hang in there!! the results are definately rewarding!!
  • lik2ski
    Options
    I admit I love the workout as well. I am 42, have 3 kids and wow did that last one hurt my waistline! I saw a picture of myself, but it was not me... well not the ME- I used to be...the lady in that picture was old, sad and heavy. I bought the workout in Sept. and I have lost about 1/3 of the weight I want to lose...It is addicting, the same way that running that race with the seals in CA was ...or the race across the desert in Mexico...or how I felt later, as my running days died (along with my knees) and I discovered mtn. biking! The climb became addictive.
    Then my little man came and I got lost. What this workout gave me is a glimpse of the girl I used to be. She is older, but not slower! She may be grayer but she can rocket out 25 pushups...I came across this today "overcome the mind and the body will follow" ...maybe this should be the battle hymn for this workout!