student binge...

emmaphillips
emmaphillips Posts: 43
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
*sighs* im having such a dip in motivation right now! I've been doing well on logging my food in the diary and gettting to the gym 2/3 times a week n have even managed to lose a couple more pounds the last 2 weeks... but my student social life is really affecting any further weight loss and i know it but i can't really get out of it! most people know that students at uni are gonna go out for a few crazy, binging nights out every now and then and last night for me was no exception as it was a Carnage event (was so fun tho :smile: )

but eurrrgh, this morning i'm so wishing it didn't have to be so detremental to my weight loss 'cos i've bloated up so much! does any1 have any advice on how to detox/flush out alcohol so that i can make a new start this week? I'm going to have a hot water + lemon drink in a minute as i've heard thats supposed to help cleanse but any1 have any other ideas to help me?? would be very appreciated!
:heart: Emma

Replies

• Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Go running or do anything else that will make you sweat heavily - and drink water water water! Eat lots of fruits and veggies - make a fruity smoothie (but watch the cal intake).
  • This is a problem even when you get older ... your friends will still be inviting you to tempting parties. After a lot of drinks, your weight will bounce around a bit. It might go down at first and then up a lot because of re-hydration. My advice is try to go to fewer of these events. Drink less at the party. Remember - one body shot can be as much as 400 calories! :bigsmile:

Hank

40 down
    27 to go
  • I have 2 rules when I drink.

alternate every drink with a glass of water.

avoid beer, the carbonation makes me more bloated. I drink diet coke and rum. 64 calories.

I try to avoid drinking at dinner, I get club soda with a twist of lime. makes it look like you have a real drink and people stop pushing you to join in.
This discussion has been closed.