SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo! week of Nov 9

Options
13»

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Good insight, V. I do feel like I stay in a better place, mentally and emotionally, when I can stay away from the junk food. I eat junk when stressed, to self-soothe, but it tends to get me into a cycle where I just keep doing it. And I'm still stressed, in the long run.

I forgot to do pushups last night, so I am doing them now. 4 sets down, 1 to go. Today I need to spend cleaning, and then I'm probably going to be up late going to a concert in Buffalo and driving back. Family will be here in a little over a week - eek!

Messy house boogaloo!

Edit: Pushups done! And I managed 40 on my last set. :bigsmile: Week = success!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Update: workout accomplished. Dusted off an old "yoga booty ballet" DVD, which was a surprisingly good workout for me today (lots of ab work at the end). The cardio portion isn't hardcore, but got me moving, which, I must remind myself, is the point.

Rejoice boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options

V, I'm in favor of all 3 of those goals. But it reminds me of a funny bit from a John Cleese special on lemurs - he had just finished hiking for a couple of hours through hot, humid jungle to get to some research camp. The voiceover goes something like, "Sensing my obvious need to *try not to die*, my host immediately led me to a cabin..." It's just really funny in his accent and style. :laugh:

So, I had to go and find that documentary on YouTube (I love John Cleese). I laughed at the bit you mentioned, and at a lot of other things. Thanks for hipping me to it.:wink:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    All successful weeks, right?

The two hour yoga class was fun. Got a lot of errands done on the bike and went for a walk with husband. Today: get bulbs in the ground, groceries, figure out dinner for the week, and bike to yoga studio for practice.

Cold front is coming tomorrow, so the heat might finally come on (no, we haven't had the heat on yet). That will be a nice change - jackets, how novel.

Oh, I saw "Good Hair" last night - documentary with Chris Rock. It was good - had a song in it called " Cootie Boogaloo" - thought of you guys.

Success, Boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I would definitely call this week a success. I even met my "exercise four days a week" goal. I did have one day of insomnia/late sleeping, but that happens, right? I didn't miss a meal with veggies, except for the veggie dog incident (and hey, I made up for that later in the day).

I liked my "include a vegetable" at every meal goal so much that I'm upping the ante on it for next week, trying to have a meal every day that is only (or mostly) fruits and vegetables. (I'm already doing this a lot of days. . .it seems like a good way to cut calories without thinking about it or logging) I'm still figuring out what the other goals for next week will be. I think I read somewhere that three is a good number for new habits, so I'm sticking to three goals a week.

In a few minutes, I'm going to do a yoga DVD. I thought about a walk, but it's rainy.

Goal brainstorm boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    :yawn: Finally, some time to wind down. I had a great time this week but I ate horrible and didn't get any exercise. I'm not going to stress about it. It was my own stupid fault and now I will get over it. We really had a lot of fun, and I'm completely exhausted.
    I'll post my goals for the new week tomorrow on the new thread. I am going to try to bust my rear this week with exercise. I want to lose a couple pound by T-day. I don't think I am going to make the 10 I wanted by Christmas. It's not for lack of trying. It's just not coming off. I'll keep pushing though.
    High and 55 and windy tomorrow so I will be staying inside. We've only had to turn on our heat once so far, but I imagine it will be on tomorrow.
    Off to get Alex down for a nap. May take one myself.
    Sleepy time boogaloo!
    MM