Calling on MFP Community - CRITICAL SUPPORT SOUGHT

Options
Hello, and thank you for reading this.

I am asking for the MFP community to come together and assist a friend in deep need in her weight loss challenge. Please, just send a simple message directly to her, of support... and am hoping that doing so en masse will truly provide her a sense of the overwhelming and deep deep support she has here on MFP regarding the battle to save her life.

A few weeks ago now, perhaps even a couple of months (how time flies)... A lady by name of jumpinsticks friended me, seeking support in her struggle.

Her story was both deeply challenging, and very inspirational. You see, she has 400lbs to lose and has a good start as she has lost 38 lbs so far. She was exersizing regularly, really managing her calories, logging regularly... and she was truly inpsirational in her battle and determination to truly regain her life, and indeed, save her life. However, of late she has not logged on in 8 days, and I fear that this has become a lower priority for her.

I feel so deeply for her, and the challenge she has in front of her. It has taken me 40 years to finally realize that only by making this an absolute TOP priority can significant gains be made when having so much weight to lose. I fear she has not yet come to this realization, and her challenge, at 400 lbs to lose, is so much much the deeper and critical... and it truly is in every sense of the word, the battle of her life. But SHE needs to make this HER priority ... all we can do is support, perhaps inspire.... I am hoping that perhaps with compassionate and honest messages of support and inspiration from our wonderful community here on MFP that it may make a diffference for her.

So if you can find it in your heart to send 'jumpinsticks' a private message of support so that the next time she does log on... she will log on to all of that care and support... At the very least she will know that she has all the support in the world she may need, if she does decide to make this HER priority....

Something very small and easy for us to do, can have a potentailly wonderful and important imapct on someone's life.

No need to post whether you send her a message or not, or what that message is. If you feel the urge to post it here, or confirm you have sent a message to her please feel free to use this post for that purpose.

Wishing you all well in achieving your goals. I personally have been inspired so often by so many here.

Thank you.

Joe

Replies

• leahartmann
    Options
    bump
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mishadijo
    Mishadijo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    sorry for my ignorance on these forums... what does 'bump' mean? I've seen a few times and do not know what it means... But thanks very much for reading the post... I'm a bit worried about jumpinsticks...
  • WickedPixie1
    WickedPixie1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bump is what people do to push a thread back to the top of the page so people keep seeing it.

Regarding your friend, do you know her in real life (RL) or how to contact her? With 400lbs to lose, I'm going to base numbers on her wanting to reach 150, that puts her around 550lbs approximately.
    Is it possible that she hasn't logged in due to medical reasons? Exercising with that kind of weight needs to be done carefully and probably monitored, she might have injured herself, that's a lot of pressure on joints.

I do think it's awesome that she's lost 38lbs so far though!!! I hope she doesn't give up!
  • Mishadijo
    Options
    Thanks so much for educting me on 'bump'. I wish I did have her RL contact info... but sadly, i do not. And yes, there is most certainly always the possiblity of medical reasons.. i'm so hoping not. Previous to this 8-9 day gap in her logging she did have a 3 day gap just before this one and she sent me a message saying she was so busy and did not find the time to log on... So i'm just assuming (hoping) it is more a priority thing on her part rather than medical reasons. But certainly cannot rule out medical reasons.

Thank you again.
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bump *
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You have a good heart to care so much for a stranger..... i will definitely send her a message of support
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I, too, had no clue what was up with the "bumps". More than just putting the post up to the top, it also lists it in "My Topics" so one can easily find it later when they have more time to read/respond to it. I try not to do it though; I just make a comment. :wink:
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I will send her a message as well!!! Thanks for showing how much you care!
  • mitbmitb2
    Options
    bump
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • newmeann
    newmeann Posts: 19
    Options
    message left.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    bump
    left a message
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Left her a message.
  • Mishadijo
    Options
    so inspired by all the support everyone is showing jumpinsticks... thank you.
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You are such a lovely person to do this for your friend. Message sent. Hope she is OK and keeps fighting the good fight....
  • HeartME511healthy
    HeartME511healthy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    so inspired by all the support everyone is showing jumpinsticks... thank you.

That is a tough road, and I hope that she will be willing to get back on the journey of logging and if she doesn't then to know at least to pay attention to what she is eating and take it one day at a time. I will make sure that I IM her box and hopefully she'll feel the support that she can have in a large number.
  • Mishadijo
    Options
    I just googled her and found her RL email address... So sent her an email there... crossing my fingers she logs on MFP to all this tremendous support you are all showing.
  • r5wr
    r5wr Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    bump......and message sent.
This discussion has been closed.