Just started this week

Options
Hi, my name is Vanessa and I am 25 years old living in sunny San Diego, CA. I would really love to get into shape and be overall healthy. I was diagnosed with lupus in October 2003 and it sure has been and up and down battle with weight because of the steroids I take. I also find that nutrition and exercise play a HUGE role on how I feel. I'm also looking into natural therapies to hopefully wean me off of some of these horrible drugs I am taking. I would love to meet anyone with a similar experience or who can give me some advice. This is such an awesome website! I'm glad I found out.

Replies

• nessi16
    Options
    Hi, my name is Vanessa and I am 25 years old living in sunny San Diego, CA. I would really love to get into shape and be overall healthy. I was diagnosed with lupus in October 2003 and it sure has been and up and down battle with weight because of the steroids I take. I also find that nutrition and exercise play a HUGE role on how I feel. I'm also looking into natural therapies to hopefully wean me off of some of these horrible drugs I am taking. I would love to meet anyone with a similar experience or who can give me some advice. This is such an awesome website! I'm glad I found out.
  • tjblack
    tjblack Posts: 122
    Options
    Hi Vanessa - Glad you could join us. I know a little about Lupus, or at least how the drugs treat you. Some of the drugs are not kind. But with our help here we will gladly hold your hand (so to speak).
    Good luck
  • clarsx01
    clarsx01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Vanessa I'm from San Diego but now live in north carolina. My son is on steroids and has a problem with his weight so I know what your talking about he has lost 10lb . Good luck.