Started the 30 day shred! What's your experience?

Options
It has been great so far but my thighs and back hurt a lot. I also swear a lot during the workout. I also HATE the jumping jacks. :sad:

And I'm only at Day 2 Level 1.

Have you finished or tried it? Are you doing it now? Let's motivate each other because this is a very intense workout (at least for me)...

But I'm still motivated because I've seen some good results. :smile:

Replies

• marienaegele
    marienaegele Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hey im doing it too im at day 4 today :) and the first two days it was kinda hard for me too and i was really sore the next day.

BETTER SORE THAN SORRY ;)

jillians voice drives me crazy so i always turn off the sound and put on some nice music ... than its easier for me to get through it :)
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've started two days ago and i love it! The best thing about it is that it lasts 20min :)
  • freespiritistaken
    Options
    hey im doing it too im at day 4 today :) and the first two days it was kinda hard for me too and i was really sore the next day.

jillians voice drives me crazy so i always turn off the sound and put on some nice music ... than its easier for me to get through it :)

OMG what a coincidence! I use music instead of listening to her. The truth is that I'm really,really sore. I can't even walk but somehow I managed to do the 2nd day of level 1.
  • freespiritistaken
    Options
    I've started two days ago and i love it! The best thing about it is that it lasts 20min :)

Yes,indeed. I believe it's good it only lasts for a little while because I get bored easily. I love it too and I hope I'll do all 30 days without giving up!
  • marquieta28
    Options
    Hi what is the 30 day shred
  • marienaegele
    Options

OMG what a coincidence! I use music instead of listening to her. The truth is that I'm really,really sore. I can't even walk but somehow I managed to do the 2nd day of level 1.

I had the same thing just keep going i feel fine today just a little bit sore in the thighs but thats alright but the first two days were just painful i took me a looong time to go up the stairs to my room in the evening of day 2 :D
    When i get bored while working out i always think about the abs im going to have that helps me alot :D

Are you just doing the shred or do you do something with it?
    I also go running for half an hour every other day.. but just because i normallly do that too :D
  • marienaegele
    Options
    Hi what is the 30 day shred

Its a workout program by jillian michaels , you do it for 30 days on 3 different levels to get in shape :)
    You can find it on youtube if you want to try it :)
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I was in a great routine until I went on holiday and ruined it all. I'm going to start this up again because I really do enjoy it!
    It's a great workout, doesn't take up much time (or room!) and you don't need to go out and buy lots of expensive equipment.

I was sore as hell for the first couple of days but it gets much easier!

My only complaint is the first set of jumping jacks, followed by the skipping rope jump. That kills me.
    I scream f#%k a lot when I do her workouts. In fact, I've tried other workouts and I've realized that if I'm not screaming f%$k, then I'm just wasting my time.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I just finished the shred this morning. Lost 7 lbs and am going to take my final measurements tonight. It was tough, and I took 3 or 4 rest days in total, but I finished it! Level 2 was definitely the hardest for me, though Level 3 isn't much easier. But that's the name of the game, challenging yourself. Don't give up! Happy shredding! :-)
  • BlueJess7
    BlueJess7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!! I just finished day 6 of the Shred! The first 2 days I was in a LOT of pain and couldn't hardly walk ( at least not normally). 4 more days and I move up to level 2... can't wait!!!!
  • freespiritistaken
    Options
    Hello!!!! I just finished day 6 of the Shred! The first 2 days I was in a LOT of pain and couldn't hardly walk ( at least not normally). 4 more days and I move up to level 2... can't wait!!!!

And now? Are u sore? And is it getting easier day after day or it feels the same?
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I did it, it was fantastic. First few days I hurt like hell and wanted to die but it was all worth it.
  • nikkibeans05
    Options
    Just finished day 1 of Level 2! Kicked my butt - I needed to take quite a few breaks. It's a great workout and is over quick (thankfully!) for anyone looking for something quick and that they can do in the privacy of their own home I highly suggest it!
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I did it, it was fantastic. First few days I hurt like hell and wanted to die but it was all worth it.

^^This.

I finished 30DS on Sunday and started Ripped In 30 on Monday and am already loving it!
  • neat0
    neat0 Posts: 16
    Options
    Just did the first day today.
    Pretty tiring, not sure if I'll be sore or not tomorrow.

Do you normally do it every day with no recovery days?

When do you move up to level 2?

Hehe, so many questions!
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am on Day 3 of the 30 Day Shred and am doing pretty good. I have been doing C25k and am on week 8, so I just added the 30 Day Shred. Today, I am a little sore from running and the workout lastnight so I have been getting up every few minutes and walking and stretching. I think I have developed a shin splint from all the jumping jacks!!!! I hate them. I noticed though if you add a little bend to your knees when you come down it really helps take the stress of your knees. Good luck!
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I completed it some months back. I lost more inches than weight (only 2 lbs), but I got much stronger! Legs got stronger, butt lifted, arms stronger and inches lost in the waist. It also prepped me for P90X which I highly recommend! Now Im doing an Insanity/P90X hybrid that is AMAZING! lol Keep up the hard work girl!!
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    This is my second time doing 30 day shred. I am on level 1 day 7. I remember a few years ago when I did it for the first time I was so very sore and couldn't make it all the way through. Now a few years later I'm trying it again and I'm in better shape. While it's not super hard it's still a great workout and I can really feel the burn. I love 30 day shred although this time around I'm not doing it 30 days in a row. I do it 3 days a week and run the other 3 days.
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS last month, and I was very sore the first few days, but don't worry it will get easier. I found that Level 2 was the hardest for me and Level 3 was my favourite. I'm doing RI30 on Week 3 now.

Keep pushing through guys, cuz you can get some very nice results. I didn't lose any weight on the scale, but lost 8 and 3/4 inches. Still a while to go but these are my results from the shred.

weightsquare.jpg
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Heres another question ....for those of you who do the 30DS do you use a HRM OR Bodybug?? If so, what are the typical calories burned??