Calories left over but over on fat nearly everyday

Options
Is this ok? I am still always under on calories but seem to be over on fat quite abit.

Obviously this is what is making me fat but not sure if its a bad thing as everytime I complete my food diary, MFP says I will lose a certain amount ion 5 weeks still.

Replies

• azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Is this ok? I am still always under on calories but seem to be over on fat quite abit.

Obviously this is what is making me fat but not sure if its a bad thing as everytime I complete my food diary, MFP says I will lose a certain amount ion 5 weeks still.

Eating fat in and of itself does not make you fat--eating too many calories of whatever sort that take you above what's needed to maintain your current weight makes you fat.

I looked at your diary, and I think you're fine on fat. I'd up my protein a bit, though, if I were you, especially if you're doing any strength training.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I have this too. I looked really carefully at my log and found it resulted from two things.

First, I had dropped carbs to below 50%. Since fat percent is relative to everything you're eating, if you drop on carbs or protein fat has to go up.

Second, I am always under on my calories and my allotment is only 1310 anyway. When you have a smaller number of calories and you don't get a lot of calories from carbs, the relative proportion of fat goes up.

I wouldn't worry about that.

From a health perspective, you want to make sure what type of fat you're eating, as transfats, etc. are bad for your health - particularly your heart and vasculature.