fast high protein breakfast on the go

Options
When my kids and I start school, I don't have time to prepare a healthy high protein breakfast. Any good, fast, and easy ideas to get my brain and body going? I need a good perk 1st thing...class at 8 am! I do eat hard boiled eggs and try luna protein bars....but i am burnt out! Help?!Time is my biggest hurdle.Thanks!

Replies

• mrsains
    mrsains Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey there, have you tried protein shakes? There are a ton of combinations you can make to suit your taste, and depending on what kind of protein powder you use, you should be able to get at least 25 grams of protein in there!

Here's a good list of recipes:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/proteinshakes.htm

Or I just throw whatever in my Ninja and whirl away.
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    Breakfast cookies! I make up the dough and freeze them in balls. Turn on the oven when you wake up, put them in after getting dressed, they are ready when lunches are done. Depending on how long your oven takes to preheat, a total of 15-20 minutes - but totally uninvolved minutes.
    Search 'whole grain breakfast cookies" on allrecipes.com

I don't use the flax seed unless I have it, I don't use the agave unless I have it, and I use craisins instead of dried cherries.

I don't have the nutritional analysis, but you could pop it into the recipe builder.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    2 eggs scrambled with some chs on wheat bread is really quick 2 min in the microwave slide from the bowl onto the bread quick easy and you can stash it in a napkin and eat it on the bus
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I make scrambled egg and it takes less time to cook that boiled eggs would. I have 3 eggs a day, sometimes 4 though. Scrambled them and they are done within 5 minutes. I also add a drop of skimmed milk to make them fluffy.

Have it on wholewheat toast, some beans. They all take less than 10 minutes to cook and it tastes great.
  • twogoots
    twogoots Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am getting ready to try these. http://tinyurl.com/7cagm2t baked oatmeal to go. WW's friendly gluten free low sugar. :) I'll reply when I do have them done. If my friend tried then and liked them, I bet I will too. She has lost a bunch of weight on WW 's so I trust what she posts recipes to.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs. You can even hard boil them the night before and then in the AM they are ready to go.
  • kelly1142
    kelly1142 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I saw a great idea online for breakfast wraps that you make ahead and freeze. Eggs, turkey bacon, and light cheese in a low carb tortilla. Make, cool, wrap in foil, and grab on the morning you need it!
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Makes breakfast wraps the night before
    Protein Pancakes the night before
    I made egg white "muffins" which is basically egg whites with whatever toppings you want in them (I put a ton of veggies and cheese) thrown in a muffin pan, cooked the night before, then warm them up for 30-45 seconds in the microwave the next morning.
    Green Smoothies

Check out these websites, I get most of my food ideas from them

www.skinnytaste.com
    www.dashingdish.com
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DianaJaneD
    DianaJaneD Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Life Choice High Protein Bars for an easy, high protein boost. 21 grams per bar and my favorite, Peanut Butter Etreme has 210 calories. Good for a mini meal. The only place I've found these where I live are at the big Walmart Supercenter. The smaller Walmart grocery store doesn't carry them.
  • Filomenaaa
    Filomenaaa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    oatmeal is so easy, right in the microwave and done...also I have 1/2 cup of kashi cereal and greek yogurt mixed together (instead of milk)
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Yogurt. Or take a slice of rye bread, tear a hole out of the middle, put in a lightly oiled fry pan, crack an egg in the middle, fry, flip, done.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump to read later :)
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I usually use Greek Yogurt or Cottage Cheese. You could also try the Jimmy Dean DeLites breakfast sandwiches.
  • areufnkiddingme
    areufnkiddingme Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Make a microwave omelet! http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Microwave-Omelet
    Another thing I do is make my breakfasts for the week on the Sunday before and pop them into the freezer. Then you can can just heat and go!
  • foranagirl
    foranagirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I too have grown tire of the hard boiled eggs and am going to try the egg muffins. I also like to have greek yogurt with fruit...you could mix a protein powder in there to add even more protein.
  • evanpdixon
    evanpdixon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    23 years old and just learning to eat breakfast! I'm always in a hurry, too. Keep em' coming please!

Here's one I recently discovered. http://lifehacker.com/5931576/make-bacon-cups-in-muffin-pans-for-incredible-appetizers-or-complete-meals

(Bacon and egg cups)

original.jpg
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    - Eggs or egg whites in the microwave for 1:00 - 1:30 (17g protein for 2 eggs/1 egg white).

- A cup of nonfat greek yogurt with a scoop of whey protein powder mixed in (39g protein).

- A cup of 1% cottage cheese (14g protein).

[edit to add:] Most protein/"fitness" bars are glorified candy bars. Check the label carefully.