Calories burned what do you use

Options
So the calories on the machines at the gym are lower than what the site has. I have been logging in what the machines at the gym say and keeping it on the low side. Does anyone know which one is more accurate? Sometimes the site will say 100 cal more than the gym machine. Wondering if I should just buy a heart rate monitor and see what I get off that. any suggestions?

Replies

• KellyUK1987
    Options
    I, personally, would always go for the lower one. That way, if you eat your calories back, you won't be going over and eating too much.

But don't forget that MFP doesn't take in to account how hard you're working at your workouts, so they're always on the high side. Therefore the machine is probably a little more accurate. (Although it does depend on whether you're typing in your height and weight etc)
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I think that if it is a machine that you program your weight into it may be more accurate, I'm not sure. I don't usually eat my workout calories back so sometimes I don't log the workout so I am not tempted to. If I go over on calories I will enter my workouts so I don't feel like I've thrown my day to hell.