Options
Hi all,

I have started a new journey. I fell and crushed both my wrists in 2003 and put on over 100 lbs. after hitting the 100 lbs, and after begging doctor to help...exercising by walking 2 miles a day and on weight watchers and steadily aging he Then found out I had a throid problem....on meds and the weight gain stopped. I could not loose or gain anything. It was for the first time steady. For years now.

I simply gave up trying to loose. I wandered into a book called eat to live and thought why not. Well the first week I lost 10 lbs! So excited.

20+ lbs down so far, and feeling like I WANT to exercise, here I am. I am amazed with my self. I was eating hamburgers fries and so many diet cokes it was crazy. I should be a hamburger...I have stopped all processed foods, salt, oil animal products and have not had any problems with craving. I am not hungry, don't miss the diet cokes a bit.

Wish I knew about this way of life earlier. I am now eating to live and enjoying my foods.

Have a long way to go. Inch by inch it's a cinch, by the yard it's hard!

Replies

• redsteve65
    redsteve65 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey. Judging by your post it sounds to me like you are very motivated and commited to being a success. This web-site certainly worked for me and the support of the MFP commuinty helped too.
  • madivp
    madivp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi Lady welcome to the board. I too am on a plant based diet. I lost 10 in two weeks. I have never lost weight that fast. Feel free to friend me if you would like.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Welcome To MFP...glad to have you join us. I am fairly new myself and there are some amazing people on here that will help motivate and encourage. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • lovelyreva
    Options
    Welcome...I'm new myself. I'm so glad my co-worker introduced me to this site.