New Loser

smccammon
smccammon Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I am here to lose weight. my only problem is motivation. i have none at all. i really want to lose the weight that have have gained. i am hoping to make friends in the process and lose my weight:grumble: :frown: :explode:

Replies

• jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Congrats on joining MFP. I totally understand the motivation issue. I have found that you have to find the motivation within yourself. You have to find why you want to lose weight...health, vacation, family... Currently it is feeling beautiful on my wedding day and wearing a bikini on my honeymoon. We are all here to help.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    I think you will find that getting moving, exercising, will help. I know that is what you need motivation for, but if you just MAKE yourself start and stick with it, in a few months you will quite likely actually WANT to do it. I know i was the worlds worst couch potato.. hated anything active..but now if i dont go to the gym, if i miss a workout or two, i feel way, way worse than those days I go.. amazing transformation. I am a long way from my goal, but each day gets easier... just stick with it..

how you feel about yourself 6 months from now will depend on the decisions you make today. Make that look back a positive one by starting the work today. you WILL thank yourself!

good luck to you
This discussion has been closed.