Cauliflower Crust....HELP!!

Options
jniece55
jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
So i've seen a couple different recipes for Cauliflower Crust.....some of them say to nuke the cauliflower for about 2 minutes before it is combined with the cheese to make the crust, others say not to nuke it at all.........If you have made it please let me know how you preferred etc.!! I appreciate it, i'm making this tonight!!

Replies

• sanrog
    sanrog Posts: 68
    Options
    I did not nuke the cauliflower first. It turns out great just adding it raw to the cheese. This is one of my favorite low cal recipes!
  • jniece55
    Options
    Yay can't wait to make this!!
  • jniece55
    Options
    In addition to the above topic, here's another for you all who have made it, what did you guys top it with??
  • jniece55
    Options
    ?
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Spinach, onions,mushrooms,red pepper,zuchinni is what I usually top it with.

It seems I cannot master the cauliflower crust !:( It always turns out like a flexible tortilla but some what crispy on the outside. LOL once I add sauce it seems to make the middle even more soggy and I end up eating my "pizza" like nachos, which I dont mind because it still taste good. Hellp?
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    When I have made cauli crust pizza, I riced the cauliflower but did not cook it. The secret for me was making sure it was pretty thin and oiling the pan a lot otherwise the bottom burned and stuck to the pan. I tried cooking it on parchment but it didn't crisp up the way I like. I top it the same as pizza, sauce, cheese, veggies. You have to bake the crust first though, I think at 425 for 15 mins or so.
  • Breedy75
    Breedy75 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Make sure to really squeeze the water out and make sure your crust is thin.
  • JJPAL1
    JJPAL1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    can someone post the recipe for the crust again. I tried this, loved it but I think I used too much egg white.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    This is the one I use. I guess I do cook the riced cauliflower. I honestly couldn't remember last night when I originally replied if I cooked it or not.

http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

And another recipe:

http://yourlighterside.com/recipe-the-original-cauliflower-pizza-dough-2/

Once you have the basics down, you can add whatever spices/herbs you like.
  • JJPAL1
    JJPAL1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thabnks so much for the links to the recipes. Looking forwrd to trying them out.
  • yadutwum
    Options
    Not only do you have to cook the cauliflower, you have to mix it after it is drained with matzo and an egg to form the crust. Drain thoroughly first. Good luck
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I know the topic is about cauliflower crust, but have you ever tried to make an almond flour crust? It is glorious!!!