Fat in nuts

Options
So lately I've been filling up on nuts and avocados between meals. I'm not like gorging or anything, but I do have a couple of servings a day.
This is usually pushing me all the way up to my allotted fat and sometimes over.
I know that there are all of these studies about nuts and that they don't really make you gain weight despite the fat and whatnot, but seriously- is this going to hurt my diet?

Everything else I eat is very low in fat, I just love avocados and pistachios.

Replies

• LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    So lately I've been filling up on nuts and avocados between meals. I'm not like gorging or anything, but I do have a couple of servings a day.
    This is usually pushing me all the way up to my allotted fat and sometimes over.
    I know that there are all of these studies about nuts and that they don't really make you gain weight despite the fat and whatnot, but seriously- is this going to hurt my diet?

Everything else I eat is very low in fat, I just love avocados and pistachios.
  • Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Options
    Nuts may be high in fat, but it's good fats, which are definitely worth eating. They're good for your heart, your brain, your hair, your skin, and can even help with weight loss by helping support lean muscle mass.

Of course, anything if you eat enough of it can turn into a bad thing, but in moderation, nuts and avacados are an excellent choice.

So eat up!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    good fat and lots of protein! I eat nuts too. I have lost 42 pounds over the last year and yep, I ate nuts the whole time!