losing weight by cutting calories alone?

Options
Hey all.

a couple of months ago i fell off my bike (while trying to get fit LOL!) and ended up with a really bad brake in my tib/fib. Anyway ive had 5 opperations on it and a whole lotta problems and where im a now is im dying to lose weight and exercise but ive been told to try and stay off my feet.for the forseen future. i still have an open wound from all the opperations that is currently being treated. Most of my previous workouts were along the lines of power walking and i really miss it!

anyway im on 1200 calories which im fine with, no problems but ive always thought diet+exercise=weightloss
is it possible for diet to equal weightloss?

thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• getfitwithange
    Options
    yes you can lose weighth by cutting calories.. i use to exercise 2x a day 6days a week and my eating was a mess.. i was 147! in 60 days i decided to exericse no more than 40-60 minutes 6x a week, so far i have lost 8lbs.. oh yeah i seriously cleaned up my eating.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    yes, you can lose weight without exercise while your recover but you have to make sure that your 1220 calories are nutrition dense so your body gets all the nutrition it needs. Learn all you can about "clean eating" and nutrition.

good luck :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Corruption
    Options
    If I understand correctly, weightloss is purely based on calories. The reason excercise helps is because you are burning more calories which if you plug it all into your diaries, MFP kind of lets you know all this. Obviously exercise is good for your overall health and adds muscle which helps burn calories too.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If you're wanting to exercise at all, there are ways around the open wound & "stay off your feet". There are products on the market that can seal off a wound from water. You can get them at a medical supply store. They use them on patients so they can shower/bathe while the wound heals. Can you see where this is going? Yup, SWIMMING! There are plenty of gyms and community rec centers with indoor pools. Check with your doctor to see if you can do it with a water tight seal for your wound. It just sticks on, so it can come off right after your workout :)
  • jenna_83
    Options
    thanks for reassuring me :smile:
    i have thought about swimming, but ive had such a bad infection in my leg and bone (spent 2 months in hospital away from my babies, they thought i may lose my leg) im terrified of taking my bandage off unless its in a sterile environment I.E hospital and i dont trust that the bag things you can buy will be completely water tight in a pool. As soon as its healed over im there though!!!