Want to lose 25 lbs. by Christmas!

Options
Hey all! I have been logging my food on MFP on and off for about 8 months. In that time I've fluctuated between 152 - 160. I am about 5'3" and my ultimate goal weight is 130lbs. So here's the plan:

I plan to lose 25 lbs. by Christmas Day 2012. That gives me approximately 19 weeks to lose 25 lbs. That is a healthy and very attainable goal IMO.

I plan to do a treadmill walk/run plan with a strength routine worked in from women's health:

(see: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/how-to-run-for-weight-loss?cm_mmc=Newsletter-_-1006724-_-08132012-_-RunningToLoseWeight-Hed )

Now I will probably add in my own workouts with this - or even substitute my own workouts on some days - whatever works for me. So long as I'm getting at least 1 hour of activity at least 5 days a week.

I haven't yet decided if I'm going to get up early to do this, or do it at night before bed... We'll see which way works out best for me. I currently work an office job - and don't get much movement while I'm at work. I also plan take a 5 minute break every hour while I'm at work to do some sort of physical activity (with my office door closed of course - lol).

I'll get on when I get home and post my current (starting) weight and measurements. We'll plan for weekly weigh-ins on Wednesdays (or whatever day works for you).

Who's with me? :wink:

Replies

• luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am starting at a higher weight, but sure! Sounds good! I will give my starting weight tomorrow morning, since I've already ate today. I like to weigh-in on an empty stomach.
  • Jenner9169
    Jenner9169 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Definitely in! It's the lead up to Christmas that always gets me! My start weight is 164.5. It would be amazing to be skinny on Christmas day :D
  • RandomPeopleDancin
    Options
    I'm in :) Start weight is 198lb. Hoping to lose a bit more than 25lbs for January.
  • Shelialouise66
    Options
    I would love to join you, I'm on day 2 of P90X, so I will weigh and post first thing in the morning. I look forward to a smaller Christmas with each of you.
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Perfect idea and a totally achievable goal. A little over 1.3lbs per week. We can do this! :smile:
  • Laurak1976
    Laurak1976 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well! This is a wonderful idea :) My starting weight is 179.
  • divadoll41
    divadoll41 Posts: 188
    Options
    I will like to do this....starting weight is 235.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see there's interest in this! I've started a PRIVATE group for those of us joining this challenge! I will send out invites to people who are in it with me.

Let's make this Christmas the best ever! :happy:
  • angtodaycounts
    angtodaycounts Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow this is just what I needed today!!! I am trying to get motivated again after a LONG break. I am totally in...I will weigh in tomorrow morning.
  • dkweathington
    dkweathington Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • sarahlouisah
    Options
    I want to loose 23lb by christmas as added motivation i am going to put back a set amount per lb lost towards a makeover (hair, nails and eyebrow wax) so that I hope will be my xmas present to myself so count me in 1mm 155 lb now aiming for 132lb and im 5ft 4
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You can kickstart your goal by trying a Whole30 approach http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely intersted as well. My starting weight is 238.
  • jessica_120214
    jessica_120214 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSS!! Count me in!!!! I haven't weighed lately so I will post my info in the morning:) My goal is 145. I am 5'6.
  • jessicalindly
    Options
    I'm in!! my starting weight is 170! This will be great support to keep me going. (:
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm In! Starting weight is 133 hoping to get down to 110 or under!
  • slimsconie
    Options
    I'm with you. I'm on vacation now and I'm eating alot, but I still get my workout and ALOT OF WALKING. I'm ready to get back and focus. I'll be 50 in January and I WILL BE 135 OR UNDER !!!!!! Sign on as a friend and we can keep each other on point.

slimSCONIE
  • darkhakai
    Options
    Maybe I can join this motivational group? I've been finding it quite hard to find different foods to eat with my picky palate so perhaps having a concrete date will help.

Plus that'd be a pretty freaking awesome Christmas present to myself (not to mention my husband! ;p )

ETA: My current weight is 164 and I'm 5'0"!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i have 11lbs left to loose but then I've got to keep it off till Xmas!
    and if i do I am going to buy myself a fab pair of designer jeans in the Xmas scales
  • TammiAcker
    TammiAcker Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm in. I'll weigh in tomorrow, to know a true to date weight. I normally weigh and measure every monday. I've got just over 30lb to goal, so having most of that lost by Christmas would be great! Running and Zumba are my go to's for exercise. I've learned that I really enjoying doing both so they don't feel like exercise. It's making the time for the strength training so that my muscles are stronger to burn more calories that I don't care to do.... And food.... I love food. Healthy food, fatty food, sugary food, salty food, I am a foodie. Majority of the time I can eat within moderation, but there is always the dreaded week before T.O.M that sometimes gets the best of me. Anyway enough rambling... I'm in! Let's ROCK this!