sahm 11/9-11/15

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Bilimina, the great thing about your Mickey Dee's adventure is that today is a new day!

As for the cauliflower... I steamed them until they were soft (about 15 mins), and then I just mashed the crap out of it, LOL. I did a little milk, and a lot of butter (we use Smart Balance). I mashed it until it was slightly lumpy, y'know... about as lumpy as real mashed potatoes. I actually ended up putting 1/2 of my meatloaf back because the mashed cauliflower filled me up.
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member

And oh yeah Shera. I wanted to tell you a special thank you to your husband. I know he's in the military so I wanted to pass on a litle thank you for him helping to keep us all safe.!

Thank you! :flowerforyou: I will also pass that on to my hubby when he gets home. I'm so proud of him, he headed to the hospital this a.m to visit the veterans there :heart:
  • shera426
    I am so stocked this morning to, we just bought some bikes and picked them up yesterday!!! Super excited to get out there and ride, I am getting used to the spinning classes but i'm still the ALL ALASKA GIRL even living in cali so I just love being outside. Can't wait to go exploring my neighborhood, wish you ladies lived closer to go with me and keep me company :tongue:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    wish you ladies lived closer to go with me and keep me company :tongue:

awwww
  • staceyw37
    billie! rock on!!! that's awesome!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    . Can't wait to go exploring my neighborhood, wish you ladies lived closer to go with me and keep me company :tongue:

Shera, where are you in CA? I am in Southern Oregon, not far from Medford. Please tell your husband THANK YOU!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: From my whole family! We went to a really awesome Veterans Day parade today!
  • staceyw37
    i just finished my exercise. why is it that at the end of the day i realize all the ways i could've made better choices eating-wise earlier in the day? seriously. i've been doing this since march, i am 38 y.o., educated--and i still can't consistently control my food choice?! :grumble:

at least i did exercise and i drank a decent amt of water.
    here's to a better tomorrow!
  • Hey girls Happy Thursday!!

So the scale didn't lie this morning I officially lost 5 pounds!!! I'm so excited I could shout it to the world. And the best part about it all is I really do feel pretty good everyday. I used to hate crawling out of bed. I was always so tired. And now I feel great.

Question? When you girls were talking about making your meat loaf, how did you make it? What ingredients did you use??

If you can believe this or not :) I'm not the worlds greatest cook so I am always looking for something easy and healthy to make for dinner. Our chili, spaghetti, and tacos are kind of getting old on my tastebuds lol.

Talk you ya'll later :)
  • DrBorkBork
    Um... I think I broke my scale. I just weighed in and it said 241.8. I just weighed myself the other day, and was still at 244. Did I get rid of 3 lbs of water or something?! LOL
    Maybe my eyes are going bad and it said 247? I dunno! I just can't believe it, but I'll take it. I'm just floored because I haven't been working out because of inclement weather, illness, and other excuses. I had a rotten weekend calorie-wise, too! I've been playing Wii Sports, but didn't think it had been burning THAT many calories.
    I'll quit rambling now. :blushing:
  • nicolee516
    Bili and Trish...AWESOME!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Scales are definietly our friends when the tell us what we want to hear!:wink::wink:
  • shera426
    . Can't wait to go exploring my neighborhood, wish you ladies lived closer to go with me and keep me company :tongue:

Shera, where are you in CA? I am in Southern Oregon, not far from Medford. Please tell your husband THANK YOU!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: From my whole family! We went to a really awesome Veterans Day parade today!

Thank you! My husband is standing right here and says " thank you so much, i'm happy to serve :smile: "
    OH and we live in Eureka, CA about an hour south of crescent city, ca
  • DrBorkBork
    So just played Biggest Loser on Wii for first time. Now I understand why the real contestants are whining, lol. I put it on medium, did a 1/2 hr session of yoga with Bob and I'm dripping sweat. Walking never did this for me. Half way through the workout, I was thinking "I'm done!" And admit to cheating for a couple of poses, but got back to work. It says I only burned 40 calories, but I don't think it's right.
    Anyone know where I can get an inexpensive calories burned gadget?

EDIT: So I just went ahead and plugged in Yoga as an exercise on MFP, and it came up with 137 calories. That seems a lot closer to the burn I feel. As my body is coming down off the workout, it's starting to feel like I finished a really good walk, and I burn around 200 cals on a walk like that. And then I went poking around online & found this site:
    http://www.caloriecontrol.org/healthy-weight-tool-kit/lighten-up-and-get-moving

I think it's helpful. You plug in your weight, the activity you did, and it calculates the calories you burned. Neato!

So now I think I'll go try Wii Fit Plus. I don't think I can handle Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum right after Bob rode me into town
  • staceyw37
    trish and billie--nice work girls!!! i agree with nicolee--i always assume the scale's rt when it gives me the numbers i want to see. :laugh:

trish--i use the reebok xrt heart rate monitor. includes a chest strap. bought it at buy.com for $29.99 and free shipping. have been using it several months and am very happy with it. when i started getting funky/erratic readings, it meant i needed a new battery. got the batt at walmart, put it in and off exercising again.
    lots of ppl here recommend the polar brand--but they were way out of my price range.
    final point--and please, i hope you don't take this the wrong way :heart: --hrm's are sometimes not useful depending on your starting weight/size. at least that's what people have posted up on other threads. i don't know if it's a matter of not being able to make the chest strap fit or that the signal can't get thru the layers. so, you may want to ask around.

i'm a 34c and even still, the strap/receivers get funky sometimes and i have to adjust them b/c of my boobs--mashed up from sports bra. make sense?
    so post up on the fitness board and see what other advice you get. there are a lot of knowledgeable ppl there.

congrats on taking on the fitness part of the healthy lifestyle! sounds like you're having lots of fun!:flowerforyou:
  • DrBorkBork
    Thanks for your advice, stacey. Maybe I'll just stick to MFP's rough estimate for now. At least it gives me a few extra calories to eat. I just split an apple with my baby. Did you know apples actually burn fat cells? I read that the other day. It takes more energy to digest them than to eat them. Neat!
    I am trying to get hubs to try Wii Fit Plus. It was a lot of fun. I really liked the boxing & kung fu. Burned another 100 cals doing it. And it seems pretty accurate in that aspect.
    Hubby is on MFP, too, being "supportive" by logging what he eats, but he doesn't seem to care if he goes over his limit by 1,000 calories. I'd really like him to lose the "husband belly" I put on him these 8 years. Between the thinning hair and the gut, he looks way older than 34. He should be active and enjoying life, but he's tired all the time. I'm kind of concerned. He walks to and from the bus stop every day, so if he just stayed in his calorie limit he'd get into shape. He loves games, so I'm hoping he'll try Wii Fit.
  • nicolee516
    Hello all! Trish, it sounds like the Wiifit is cool!

Stacey- How is everything going with you?

Shera-Cool! My husband actually sometimes goes to Eureka for work! It's a part of his territory. Maybe sometime the kids and I can join him and we could maybe meet up. I live about 3hrs from Eureka. I live not far north of Grants Pass in a little town called Myrtle Creek.
  • nicolee516
    Happy Friday! Seems pretty quiet here today! Does anyone have any recommendations for inexpensive Christmas presents to make? Since I am not working now, the cash flow is extremely limited!
  • DrBorkBork
    Pick up a Knifty Knitter hat loom set and make hats. It only takes 6 hours to turn out 1 adult hat, and 2 hours for a newborn size. Kid sizes are 4 hours. Put a movie on & you'll be half way through your kid's hat at the end of it :)
    A couple different skeins of yarn, and you have, like, 10 gifts for under $20
  • nicolee516
    Thanks Trish....my daughter actually has one of those and she has been making them...But that gives me the idea to motivate her to make stuff for Xmas too!
  • DrBorkBork
    If you get the long looms, you can make blankets. I made my daughter's baby blanket using one. Took about 72 hours.
  • shera426
    Hello all! Trish, it sounds like the Wiifit is cool!

Stacey- How is everything going with you?

Shera-Cool! My husband actually sometimes goes to Eureka for work! It's a part of his territory. Maybe sometime the kids and I can join him and we could maybe meet up. I live about 3hrs from Eureka. I live not far north of Grants Pass in a little town called Myrtle Creek.

Hey that's cool! We are new to the area so that would be fun to meet up! I hung out with a lady the other day and we were joking w/ eachother because all we could think of to talk about was disney movies HAHA with little kids in the house its kind of funny.
This discussion has been closed.