Can You Identify

Options
Hi all

Did you start dropping the weight quickly when you started MFP? I am curious because I have started medium gyming and eating 'right' mostly for almost a month and nothing - no changes for me. I am just wondering how long it took before you started seeing changes. I must lose 25kg's, I used to be insulin resistant but then I went down to 82kg's and I think I beat it but I have gone back up to 90kg's so quickly. My brother is going to need a kidney any time now and they will not accept me at this weight - I have to be at least 70kgs for me to be able to donate my kidney to him. Any info from you regarding how the MFP progress goes will be appreciated.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi all

Did you start dropping the weight quickly when you started MFP? I am curious because I have started medium gyming and eating 'right' mostly for almost a month and nothing - no changes for me. I am just wondering how long it took before you started seeing changes. I must lose 25kg's, I used to be insulin resistant but then I went down to 82kg's and I think I beat it but I have gone back up to 90kg's so quickly. My brother is going to need a kidney any time now and they will not accept me at this weight - I have to be at least 70kgs for me to be able to donate my kidney to him. Any info from you regarding how the MFP progress goes will be appreciated.

Weight loss takes time. You may initially lose up to 5-10 lbs quickly if you weren't eating healthy prior and started to as it would be a loss in water weight. Generally 1 lb per week is good and average. If you want to improve fat loss, health and possible improvements to insulin, then you should eat a high protein diet and do weight training. This in turn my improve weight loss, but it varies by person.