Warning - Hostile: That ONE person at work...

Replies

• twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    The joys of working from home. I just ignore my chat blinking if I don't want to deal with someone.

Ha, that makes you MY one person! :laugh:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Oh, there's not just one...
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    That one person at work is my partner. The rest of the 14 people in our department all share an office, then my partner and I have our own. Yet EVERYTHING he does drives me up the wall! He talks to his computer, uses his phone on speakerphone then proceeds to yell into it, comes and goes as he pleases (rolls into work around 10, then leaves at 3 after an hour long lunch break), and various other stuff.

But then, I am definitely that hostile one. I like to think it has more to do with my environment than my nature, though.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    My assistant is a little chinese girl and she burps out loud. It really. REALLY. annoys me.

what does her being chinese have to do with anything?

the white guilt, let it flow through you
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    There's one guy that was positive he was on the fast-track to management and he treated everyone else like he was already there. He'd delegate out all of his responsibilities and then sit & read Wikipedia or walk around & talk to people. It wouldn't have nearly as bad if he didn't treat the people at his same level the same as subordinates.

His karma will kick him in the nuts tomorrow when the promotions of his peers (including me) go into effect and he is still a level below. He's been eating crow ever since he found out.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    In my 'workplace', it's the never ending fight with my five year old. -_-

In past jobs, I've had females who felt threatened by me and made my working life hell...
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    My assistant is a little chinese girl and she burps out loud. It really. REALLY. annoys me.

Absolutely nothing. She's small and cute and burps like a man is all
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    I work on a concession so I'm normally the only person from my company there but there's this manager who works for the host store...

When he first got the job the first thing he did was inspect my concession, normally I wouldn't mind but he's employed to sell something completely different- I sell fitted bedrooms and he sells lounge furniture. Then he went through the displays saying critising things that were perfect- I'm more house proud of my displays then I am of my own home there is not a spec of dust when I'm in charge!

As we're a UK wide company and dress the bedrooms (with things bedspreads, trinkets and books etc.) we source them from all over or make these ourselves and he not only messed up the beds (some have 9 pillows that have to go on in a certain order so it can be a bit painful when they've been moved) saying we can't display the items as the host store doesn't sell them. I nearly snorted and said we'd had displays like this for over three years and no ones had an issue with it before.

Next he moved on to the text graphics explaining our current and permanent offers- the 'current' offers font matches up with the leaflets and don't generally correlate to the permanent offers text. By this time he'd ticked me off, and my manager does say I can get a bit firey when I'm pee'd off and said after I had explained why they were different;

'The thing is it's consistent through out the whole company, if you look at these' next to us where the host store pieces with their information stands. 'These are the opposite, they're never in the right place if you look the order of the text different on all three of these and so is the price explanation and the use of bold and italics and to top it all off this mirror has been smeared since Saturday and I got so annoyed about it I cleaned it off. If you start nitpicking my displays sort yours out first, k?'

He was so embarrassed he didn't report me!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    This is a cultural thing. We had a worker that just moved from Beijing and she did this A LOT. HR explained things to her and she cut way back.
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member

the white guilt, let it flow through you

Thanks a lot... I spit water on my keyboard laughing :P XD
  • I am my own boss. So, I work at home and annoy myself.

:grumble:
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Who really just irks the hell out of you? Got one? I most certainly do. Boss is gone for a day meeting - he puts someone in charge....Enter the freaking Queen of Sheba.

All of a sudden, I'm running non-existent numbers' reports. Mira! I'm a Sr. Claims Adjuster just like you. I'm usually pretty even keel, but the Aries in me does not want to play well in the sandbox today.

Oh yes....I have one of those. I had a conversation with her today (see previous rant "Working my last nerve".)...I hope that will be the end of our...unpleasant exchanges.

It sucks, but every workplace has them :(
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Sadly, it's the customers that annoy the hell out of me. For example: Cashier's office is right across from the restrooms. Says RESTROOMS in big blue letters. People look right at me and ask, "Do you have bathrooms here?" Another example: Me: (to customer) if you will please sign this?" Customer: Where do I sign?" Me: (thinking to myself) Oh gee, I don't know, right on the big black line that says CUSTOMER SIGNATURE?? But I'm just guessing here.... Are people really that lazy???

And lastly, a girl that came in here yesterday that had some spastic disorder or something. She was ALL OVER the place!! She picked up my pens on a chain, and spun them around, leaned over the counter and was groping at the credit card machine and my tape dispenser, then she would step back and spin her arms around real fast and jump up and down.

I left here yesterday so annoyed....can't believe some people.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    That ONE person who has barely been here a year and knows it all, despite the fact that she doesn't. "Let me tell you what you need to do..." Fly off a bridge comes to mind.:grumble:
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this....
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this....

Oh COME on people. :noway:
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    The girl I work with talks on her phone all day, laughs obnoxiously at EVERYTHING- (EVEN everything she says- which is NEVER FUNNY), She plays her phone on her music loud enough for the next office building to hear (all crappy music that nobody likes) she 'sings' to all of it- and she can't sing. She acts like she's the boss (when she's been here less time than anyone) she's a 'know-it-all" , she farts, AND SHE DOESN'T REPLACE THE TOILET PAPER when it's empty (and she'll sometimes even leave just ONE square on it) ...

that's not even the half of it.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    We have one of these in our office:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRg1-mlCaLNqXl4Fv03BbpFttED4Nej0mghD9gOEjvDAHwAr7Avw

The urge to throat punch her must be suppressed daily...
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    We have one of these in our office:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRg1-mlCaLNqXl4Fv03BbpFttED4Nej0mghD9gOEjvDAHwAr7Avw

The urge to throat punch her must be suppressed daily...

HAHAHAHHA This describes 'mine' perfectly.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I don't have that one person at my job.
    I have many, whom I dislike so very much.

oh yes. I have one I absolutely hate and the rest just drive me insane.