phentermine question

Options
I've been taking 30 mgs of phentermine for the last 3 weeks now. The first week I lost 6 pounds and the last two weeks I haven't lost 1. My doctor said to take it everyday but I had read that other people who were taking were told to take it for 5 days and then rest for 2. Do you think this could be the reason i'm not seeing any weight loss? Because I've been taking it everyday except for that first week. I forgot to take it Saturday and Sunday, but I have taken it everyday for the last 2 weeks. I haven't changed my exercise or my eating, its all the same. But I cant think of why this drug wont help me lose when I'm doing everything I need to be doing. Anybody have any ideas? Has anyone out here used this before and gotten the same results as me? Or did it work for you? Please help, because if this keeps up, I'm not going to take them any longer.....:indifferent:

Replies

• gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Please follow your doctors advice. If you are having trouble remembering to take your medication or you have questions about it please make a follow up visit with your doctor and discuss what is going on.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I took them and lost several pounds a week (about 3 or so) for a couple months...as soon as I stopped I gained back. Best thing you can do is to eat right nutritionally if you can get off of those. I found that I was starving myself (wasn't a bit hungry) that's not the way to be healthier in my book. I've lost 84 pounds now without the help of a "miracle" drug or diet - changed what I eat and I exercise. feel better than I've ever felt.

Good luck!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I take a half a pill everyday to curb my hunger. I love phentermine, it keeps me on track with my calories. I don't know what I'd do without it....I am hungry a lot of the time.
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    well i do eat healthy and i exercise for at least an hour everyday so i dont understand why i'm not seeing any results.... its very frustrating......:grumble: