• sandimack
    sandimack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Mmmm going to give the casserole a go too
    Thanks
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I've found turnips work much better than cauliflower. A little closer to the right consistency (still a little too watery), and tastes better, imo.

I just peel them, chop them, boil and mash them, just like a potato.
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone, they are delicious!

I just steam the cauliflower with a few cloves of garlic and then run it through the food processor with some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and plain greek yogurt (which I use in leiu of sour cream for the added protein).

My favorite main dish to make with that is a simple pan fried spinach and feta stuffed chicken breast.

Please share your spinach and feta stuffed chicken breast recipe!!! I'd love to have it
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I am doing low carb, they are good but NOT mashed potatoes. I like the taste and the versatility of them. I would have no trouble recommending them.. Make them and spice up same as you would any mashed potatoes.
  • debtilli
    Options
    I enjoy this, you can mix and match with most anything. The internet has the basic receipt then use your imagination. Same thing goes with Spegetti Squash, great noodle replacement.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    cauli, garlic, cream, cream cheese, butter, s&p
    so amazing and low carb too!
    sometimes i add mashed turnip and radish too.
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste has a couple of different versions of this on her site.

all good!!
    i was thinking of making a batch for myself as well!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump!
  • Amber_lee_81
    Amber_lee_81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Very very good!!!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Potatoes > Cauliflower

That is all.
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options

I just steam the cauliflower with a few cloves of garlic and then run it through the food processor with some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and plain greek yogurt (which I use in leiu of sour cream for the added protein).

My favorite main dish to make with that is a simple pan fried spinach and feta stuffed chicken breast.

Please share your spinach and feta stuffed chicken breast recipe!!! I'd love to have it

It is SUPER easy to make! I filet a chicken breast in half (my grocery store has honking chicken boobs) and then pound it out to make it thin. Season it with salt and pepper and then set it aside. In a pan, saute some diced onion, garlic, and rosemary until it's nice and carmalized. Add in a few handfuls of baby spinach and cook until it's just wilted enough. Once that's cooked transfer that to a bowl and add enough feta to your liking (I love using the basil and tomato). Next add a few pinches of the spinach mixture onto half of the chicken, then fold in half and secure with toothpicks. Using the same pan as the spinach mixture, sear both sides of the chicken for a few mins each side. You can finish cooking the chicken in the same pan or throw the pan in the oven for a little bit to finish cooking it off.
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    They are AMAZING! I make mine by steaming one head of cauliflower that I cut up into bite size pieces. I love garlic so I steam three or four peeled cloves along with the cauliflower, but you can leave that out. I then throw my soft cauliflower into my Ninja Blender (any blender would do the trick, or a food processor) I put in a little sea salt, pepper, and a table spoon of light butter and pulse it till smooth. In my opinion, it tastes just like mashed potatoes. They can be refrigerated and reheated as well.

I make them they very same way but I also include 1 regular potato peeled and chunked up to the steam pot and a splash of fat free half and half when I process it. It makes a world of difference in the texture of the finished dish and the calorie impact is relatively small. Truly awesome fake-out. My hubby who gags at the IDEA of eating veggies, gobbles this up no problem. I am very sneaky. :wink:
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

It is SUPER easy to make! I filet a chicken breast in half (my grocery store has honking chicken boobs) and then pound it out to make it thin. Season it with salt and pepper and then set it aside. In a pan, saute some diced onion, garlic, and rosemary until it's nice and carmalized. Add in a few handfuls of baby spinach and cook until it's just wilted enough. Once that's cooked transfer that to a bowl and add enough feta to your liking (I love using the basil and tomato). Next add a few pinches of the spinach mixture onto half of the chicken, then fold in half and secure with toothpicks. Using the same pan as the spinach mixture, sear both sides of the chicken for a few mins each side. You can finish cooking the chicken in the same pan or throw the pan in the oven for a little bit to finish cooking it off.

HAHAHAHA...the honking chicken boobs got me laughing!!

Thanks so much! This looks amazing!!!! I will for sure be trying this out within the next week.
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I find that just the cauliflower doesnt get creamy enough for me. I steam a head of cauliflower, and roast 1 parsnip. chop the both teeny tiny and throw in a blender with some greek yogurt roasted shallots with freen onion on top.
  • kellegg22
    kellegg22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So what if I don't like cauliflower? But LOVE mashed potatoes... will I like these?
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mychev
    mychev Posts: 2
    Options
    this sounds really good thank you for sharing.
  • dcsavop
    dcsavop Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Instead of steaming or boiling, try baking the caluiflower. Gives a little more flavor with the garlic and a tablespopon of olive oil drizzled over. Typical head takes about 45-60 mins at 400 degrees. Then blen like shown above in other posts. Good luck
  • vitty1
    vitty1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    These are so delicious!

Whole head of cauliflower(boiled until soft)
    4 cloves of garlic (roasted)
    sea salt and pepper to taste
    1 tbsp margarine
    1bsp parmesan cheese or goat cheese (some people have a preference)
    2 tbsp Chopped green onion/chives

Put the boiled cauliflower in a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth. Add sea salt, pepper, margarine and roasted garlic, blitz until smooth.

fold in parmesan/goat cheese until evenly distributed, and top with chopped green onion.

Yumm!