You should have had a V8

Options
2»

Replies

• jodi41086
    jodi41086 Posts: 240
    Options
    google a recipe for homemade v8!!! I bet you could do it. puree a bunch of stuff . It may be a little chunky but it may be good to dip celery in or something. I like mine spicy!!! Add franks red hot
  • stargazer008
    Options
    I don't think V8 is healthy at all. The nutrients in veggies and fruits disappears quickly so there really isn't any nutrition in V8. You're better off making a smoothie with fruits, veggies, protein, etc
  • stlhrs
    stlhrs Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Not to hijack, but a related question...

Has anyone tried the V8 Fusion? Supposedly a newer version of the regular V8, but with fruit juice added?

fusion is very good. kids love it over other juices.
  • tammyopolin
    tammyopolin Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've never had one of the regular V8 drinks, but I recently traded my beloved AMP for the V8 Pomegranate Blueberry +Energy drinks. They're a lot yummier than I expected them to be, and only 50 calories.
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I drink the low sodium kind when I can't afford to buy vegetables :laugh:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I don't know. If you hate fruits and vegetables, V8 may be an easy way to hold your nose and quickly get it over with. But ideally you should be eating enough vegetables in solid form. If you are, then V8 isn't really beneficial. I make a point of not drinking my calories (just water or seltzer for me). V8 is just bloody mary mix for me ;)
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    One of the better juice choices - but tons of sodium. You'll get more nutrients from eating veggies. But if you are on the run...it's not a bad choice at all.

Reconstituted - that just means when they cook it down the water evaporates (along with part of the nutrients). When they bottle it they add the water back.

Hope this helps!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I like V8 and I drink it when I need a boost of energy, so much healthier than those energy drinks. I've tried the low sodium ones and the aftertaste is pretty nasty. I don't get a whole lot of sodium from other things, so the amount I get from the can is negligible in the whole scheme of things for me.
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Without breaking down the chemical composition and role in the body ... let's get practical.

Life is about choices that are facing you at a given moment, barring what planning you're able to do. If you had complete control, choose water and fresh veggies over V8.

If you had to choose between a V8 and fresh vegetables, pick the veggies. If you could choose fresh squeezed vegetable juice, pick that. If the problem facing you is to choose V8 or chips/fries, choose the V8. If you have to choose between pop and V8, choose V8. Water and fresh veggie would be best. V8 is there to get you out of a pinch when you have no other vegetable or beverage solution.

I love V8 and Mott's Garden Cocktail :) low sodium varieties.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    The V8's seems to have a lot of sodium. I like to the greens and reds powders you can get from health food shops if I cannot eat enough veggies/fruit throughout the day. I have no idea if they are much better, but they were recommended by someone I trust. I feel like they give me a little boost. :-)