• superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I use the Tide Febreeze stuff.

Yup. Works for us.
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    I use Arm & Hammer with Oxy Clean - it's a powder in a big yellow box. I used to use Tide, but it was sooo perfume-y (if that's even a word! lol), but I find that the A&H stuff keeps my clothes looking good and smelling fresh - I have an oober sensitive nose and have been happy with the switch to A&H. Besides, the Oxy Clean additive in the detergent is keeping my socks whiter :-)

^^^ This is the same stuff that I use and like it.

me too.....and i workout with sweats on....i sweat like I am swimming....works for me...
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    If you can't get the pit smells out, rub that area with baking soda and let it sit for a couple hours. All gone!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Tide
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    Tide plus Febreze Sport, I love love love this It makes your clothes smell amazing =)
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    add vinegar to the rinse
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I use cheap, dollar store liquid. It cleans well and doesn't have extra junk in it to make me itch. I'd LOVE to use Tide, but it makes me itch. When I wash doggie blankets, I add about 1/2 to 2/3 cup washing soda. It's cheap--less than $3 a box and it takes the odor of most anything out.

Our son uses OxyClean for his chef coats that he wears in the bakery--it gets chocolate out of whites, and the odors from sweating in a hot bakery all day. It also takes out the lovely cookie smells too. :sad: That stuff is amazing but a little pricier. A little baking soda would work in a pinch too, if you run out of anything else.

Edit for my apparent lack of being able to space letters correctly....duh.
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I use the cheapest laundry soap I can find....then I add a little sprinkling of Borox to the washing machine.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I use whatever is on sale and cheap. I have never used Tide or Sunlight... both are far too pricey.

I usually have Purex and it does a great job!
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    Tide Sport with febreze
  • znkmommy
    znkmommy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I make my own laundry soap and it works better than anything I have ever bought.

http://www.southernplate.com/2009/06/household-recipes-homemade-laundry-detergent.html
    That is the recipe.
  • runmama262
    Options
    Fabric softener makes odors cling to your clothes, both the fragrance they come with AND the sweat smell you're trying to get rid of. Definitely avoid using on your workout gear.

If you can afford it, try Win degergent. You can get this at sporting goods and specialty running stores. Tiny bottle and super expensive but it works like nothing else.

That being said, I can't afford Win and usually stick to vinegar, baking soda and/or borax. It doesn't get rid of it all but I don't care how bad my running gear smells anymore. Kinda makes me feel more hard core LOL

I'm taking znkmommy's recipe and making a batch this weekend!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    I use Arm & Hammer with Oxy Clean - it's a powder in a big yellow box. I used to use Tide, but it was sooo perfume-y (if that's even a word! lol), but I find that the A&H stuff keeps my clothes looking good and smelling fresh - I have an oober sensitive nose and have been happy with the switch to A&H. Besides, the Oxy Clean additive in the detergent is keeping my socks whiter :-)

this, but liquid. they had a sale buy 1 get 2 free and i got 9 jugs of it.
  • U2POPGIRL
    Options
    I use a booster in my wash - Downey Unstoppables are incredible. I prefer the Green scent!! :heart: :smile:
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Tide with Febreeze. If it's really bad they make a Tide with Febreeze sport.
  • nascarbettie
    nascarbettie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I use regular laundry soap (soap of choice) and a scoop of borax. It also helps to soften the water so the soap works better and it's good for stain lifting as well.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I use a booster in my wash - Downey Unstoppables are incredible. I prefer the Green scent!! :heart: :smile:

Also this but I'm in love with the Gain ones!!!!!!
  • helen0616
    Options
    I make my own also, from Borax, baking soda, Zote soap, OxyClean, washing soda, and I add fabric softener in crystal form. Clothes are CLEAN (even got ink pen of my daughter's doll's face; the ink was like 6 months old and I had tried unsuccessfully to get it out at least a dozen times before), soft, and smell good. My husband runs a restaurant and comes home filthy and grease-stained and with that gross kitchen smell and my laundry soap knocks all of that out with only 1 T per load.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I make my own laundry soap ( a mix of Fels Naptha soap, Washing Soda, and 20 Mule Team Borax). I use white vinegar in the softener cup. Never have any smells and everything feels really clean.

How is this on skin? My husband and I have thought about making our own detergent, but my son has extremely bad eczema. We have to use "free" everything! Makes it hard to get rid of our smells, especially with both my son and me running every day!
  • redder2
    redder2 Posts: 30
    Options
    1/2 cup vinegar. Vinegar acts also as a fabric softener. No smell no problem; I do use the extra rinse cycle though to make sure the vinegar is out. I wear black work out cloths they have not faded very much over the past year. Previously I used Tide and Tide faded my clothes faster than the vinegar.