5. have fun!

:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done it using this site?

Thanks so much!!

ldr0024

You'll find LOTS of em have lost 50 or more! :happy: This site is fantastic, you are soooo going to love it! :love:
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs!!!! :)

Boxing and running is what really really helped me ... I really credit three times a week boxing to my major weight loss, and just eating less and more often, I know it sounds like a facade, but I was going through a divorce then, and didn't eat as much when I was single ... and I'd kinda graze all day ... but I worked out 14 hours a week, and lost 50 lbs and almost 10 sizes in 13 months!

I'm finding keeping it off harder than losing it was :( I can fluctuate 15 lbs so easily, like every two weeks, but I come from an obese family background, so I'm stuck excessively working out for life ... not the worst thing I guess

Before:
    http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/7896/thebustybridekd9.jpg
    http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/2296/mefatsmall2bx2.jpg

After:
    http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/4406/comox055.jpg
  • Macurry20
    Options
    Hello, I am also trying to lose 50 lbs....I am so excited from reading other people's stories. I hope I can find a group that I can fit in and start to tell my stories!!