Breakfast Help Please.

Options
13»

Replies

• Kezzaangry
    Kezzaangry Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You need to eat a carb first thing in the morning to keep your energy levels up. 1 slice of wholemeal or multi grain bread works for me! Good luck.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Have a big breakfast and taper your calories down for the rest of the day

I eat up to 600 Calories for breakfast even on days that I don't work out, and I still see very significant results... so when it comes to breakfast, don't worry too much =]
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I use overnight oats the following recipe works for me along with a cup of coffee when I get to work:

1/2 cup oat bran
    1 cup milk
    1 tbsp flax seed meal
    1 tbsp wheat germ
    1 tbsp stevia in the raw
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries.

I mix it up the night before and its ready in the morning when you are. I'm usually feeling like I want to eat at lunch, but not starving.
  • LuxHappens
    LuxHappens Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A hearty balance of protein, fiber, and healthy carbs is your best bet.
    I enjoy a large egg scrambled with a bit of milk, sauteed with plenty of fresh herbs and veggies, a vegetarian sausage patty, and some grits.

Oatmeal prepared with coconut milk, with fresh fruit on top is yummy, filling, and nutritious. Again, add spices (cinnamon, allspice, and a small bit of honey go a long way) to supplement the flavor without adding too much unnecessary sugar/fat.

Another delicious and filling breakfast (which can be prepared ahead of time) is a smoothie. I don't bother with mixes (so sketchy!) I use yogurt (plain is fine because the other ingredients add flavor/sugar), frozen fruit (I prefer frozen for the cold aspect - you can avoid using ice - and also for convenience), every once in a while a tablespoon of peanut butter, and sometimes a handful of spinach or kale (you won't taste it, and you get a serving of veggies and some fiber). I also add a splash of milk, coconut milk, or orange juice if the mix is too thick, and lately I've been doing an intense workout so I add a zero-carb protein powder.
    If you freeze your smoothie overnight, just pull it out when you first wake up, and by the time you walk out the door it is ready to be crunched apart with a spoon and devoured!

I love eating a big breakfast. I usually can't stand tiny, sweet breakfasts like a cup of yogurt. I want salty flavor, varied textures, and to feel ready and able for whatever the day brings! (And I know that my workout will knock out plenty of the calories so it's guilt-free!)
  • Brakalack
    Brakalack Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I usually go oatmeal and a protein shake for a quick, balanced breakfast. Sometimes ill mix in blueberries or bananas with the oatmeal if i got em.. usually about a 300 calorie breakfast
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    I have a apple crumb vitatop, (aackk out of a box!!) coffee and a banana every day. Well, actually some days I forget to eat my banana.
    They are expensive and only come 4 in a box but it's the one thing I have found to tie me over till lunch and some days I make it unitl 1 before I think about eating again.
  • lovepink4913
    lovepink4913 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I usually eat 1 cup of Dannon Light and Fit yogurt and 1 package of Strawberries and Cream oatmeal Kroger brand (not cooked, just mixed with the yogurt) it's really good, it tastes like ice cream almost. Its about 250 calories and it leaves me full until lunch time! You should try it!