Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    ...thought someone was offering...
    Nevermind.

It's not too late!! **throws pants in corner**:drinker:
  • Bucky2BeBetty
    Bucky2BeBetty Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I know someone on- line who was on one of those shows. She'd had cancer and this was a way to pay off their bills. She came off looking sensible and loving. The mom she switched places with was nuts.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    What a bunch of flippin perverts. You should all be ashamed! Or on my friends list.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My stepmom just eats up all the drivel that gets aired on TLC, so I'll be in the middle of a How It's Made marathon, and suddenly the channel switches to some inscrutable horse**** involving two effed-up families whoring out their eccentricities for the fleeting glory of being Reality TV Famous. I know they purposefully choose the most screwed up people they can find, match them with polar opposites, and then either create conflict or get creative in the editing booth, but reality TV just gives me a headache. I get that watching these human train wrecks makes us normal folks feel better about our own lives, but I can't be the only one for whom these shows transcend the label of mere spectacle and become uncanny and disturbing on a very deep level. Because the people who feature on those shows are now the high water mark of American culture. And that troubles me.