200+group(week 3)

Options
:tongue: Hey everyone!!!!

I've been a little off on my food as well so I need to bump up my motivation:bigsmile: :smooched: And as a friend of mine used to say "Your the only one who can change things Heather, nobody can do it for you" and I'm gonna stick by that. I'm gonna see myself get under 200 and let her see too!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    :bigsmile: thanks guys!!! Have a great day everyone, and remember planning ahead helps alot!!
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You have a wise friend!

Well, I began my tom, which is always a big production for my body - lots of cramps, hard to move, wonky appetite. I decided to take it easy on myself - not go crazy with it, but eat if I'm truly hungry, but the deal I made with myself is that I still must log EVERYTHING.
  • HeaterM
    Options
    You have a wise friend!

Well, I began my tom, which is always a big production for my body - lots of cramps, hard to move, wonky appetite. I decided to take it easy on myself - not go crazy with it, but eat if I'm truly hungry, but the deal I made with myself is that I still must log EVERYTHING.

good thinking:bigsmile: keep up the good work!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I've done better eating the last 2 days - I think it will take a week to recover from my company. As the saying goes, you love it when the arrive and you love it when they leave. YEAH they left today. I plan to get extra sleep the next few nights, drink lots of water and keep doing extra exercise. Today felt like Monday (I took yesterday off to spend more time with my company).

I love the warm temperature spell here. Most of my exercise the last few days has been outside in the sunshine :love:

Isn't our challenge for the week exercise?

Fri 30 min low impact aerobics
    Sat 30 min C25K training WK3/day 1, 20 min 1 mile walk, and 40 min low impact aerobics
    Sun 60 min 3 mile walk
    Mon 30 min C25K training WK3/day 2 and 80 min 4 mile walk
    Tues 40 min 2 mile walk

Now - if I can only keep it up :bigsmile:
  • HeaterM
    Options
    yeah i agree on the company thing! Keep up the good work on exercising!!:flowerforyou:
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Yesterday was horrible. Beginnings of a sinus infection,and I went way over my calories. Didn't exercise either.
    Back on the wagon today, and planning on making up for my lost day of exercise Saturday, or doing an hour today--not quite 30 minutes each day, but I'll try my best to make up for my lost half hour.
    sounds like everyone is doing well!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but when are you posting the new threads each week heater?
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    So apparently dinner was my achilles heel. (or however thats spelled...) Saturday I made a recipe I found on this site and there was enough for Sunday too. Monday night I made another recipe and there's still enough food to last for a couple more days. Since I have been eating better for dinner, I've lost 2 pounds!

In case you were wondering, I made Chili Mac and some Mexican Chili and they are both absolutely delicious!! My next recipe will be turkey and black bean quesadillas (unless I do that Chili Mac again...that was absolutely AWESOME).
  • cds2327
    Options
    thanks for the tip blombie. maybe that is my problem too. i kinda just make whatever for dinner, and then rely on eating a 1/4 of my plate protein, and the rest veggies. maybe i need to pay more attention there.
    I am going to try the chili mac and mexican chili next week, per your suggestion, as it is shopping week.

Anyone else getting concerned with foods on thanksgiving?
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Making dinner ahead of time is so helpful! I have that problem as well. I'm not so keen on cooking when I get home from work, so if I pick a recipe out for the week and make it, I have dinner for several days and I don't have to worry as much about going over my calories for the day.

As for Thanksgiving, I'm sort of worried about it. Not terribly. I'm sure I'll go over my calories that day, but not horribly so. I'll just try and take smaller portions of everything, and not completely gorge myself on dessert (which will be hard).

This has not been a good week for me. It'll be a miracle if I lose anything. I'm just hoping to not gain. As you know, the weekend was an eating mess. Monday, was pub trivia, but other than that, I've been eating okay. Still doing the 30 day shred, but I have to half-*kitten* a bunch of it (damn plank exercises), so I don't feel like I'm getting much benefit.

Making a veggie soup tonight which should last me the rest of the week and is low calorie, which should help. I have off today (yay for federal holidays!), so I've slept in (amazing), and should do more exercise, but I'm having serious motivation issues this week. wtf? you would think the bigger loss last week would add to the motivation. *le sigh*
  • cds2327
    Options
    Where did you find the mexican chili recipie? i looked but didn't see it.
    of course, there are only about 5 billion different posts there...:tongue:
  • HeaterM
    Options
    Yesterday was horrible. Beginnings of a sinus infection,and I went way over my calories. Didn't exercise either.
    Back on the wagon today, and planning on making up for my lost day of exercise Saturday, or doing an hour today--not quite 30 minutes each day, but I'll try my best to make up for my lost half hour.
    sounds like everyone is doing well!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but when are you posting the new threads each week heater?

People have decided thursday so week for will be posted tomorrow, i know i just started this one but someone suggested it. and then on fridays we will post of weight on the new thread! Is that okay with everyone
  • akasullengal
    Options
    People have decided thursday so week for will be posted tomorrow, i know i just started this one but someone suggested it. and then on fridays we will post of weight on the new thread! Is that okay with everyone

Yep... if you start the thread sometime later tomorrow, it'll be all ready for weigh-ins on Friday. This was sort of a transition thread to the new system, I think. Great idea! Though, not looking forward to the scale on Friday. I don't think I'll be happy with the number, though frankly, won't be surprised.

The rest of today went okay. Ate rather well, but even though I didn't have to work today and so was well-rested and had plenty of time, didn't exercise. WTF? No motivation. Tomorrow will get up again and 30 day shred it though.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Where did you find the mexican chili recipie? i looked but didn't see it.
    of course, there are only about 5 billion different posts there...:tongue:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/54867-nikky-s-homemade-mexican-chili
  • KendalBeee
    Options

Anyone else getting concerned with foods on thanksgiving?

wow I thought it was just me!! YES I am getting concerned about it....
  • HeaterM
    Options
    ok remember tonight i will post the week 4!!

yeah im not so happy with myself :grumble:
  • kkbodin25
    Options
    HELP. I just started on my road to eating healthy again. I know I can do it but I'm working two jobs and I don't have time to cook at night. I do find time to exercise at least 30 minutes though. Any ideas for someone that doesn't have time to cook, shop, etc. This is my downfall. Eating out cause it's easy and eating junk cause that's what I have in the pantry. I CAN DO IT!!
  • Macurry20
    Options
    Hello all, I was wondering if I could join this group...I am trying to find a group to help motivate me

:smile:
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    HELP. I just started on my road to eating healthy again. I know I can do it but I'm working two jobs and I don't have time to cook at night. I do find time to exercise at least 30 minutes though. Any ideas for someone that doesn't have time to cook, shop, etc. This is my downfall. Eating out cause it's easy and eating junk cause that's what I have in the pantry. I CAN DO IT!!

I've made a couple recipes on here that make so many servings I can eat left overs throughout the entire week. And they are good recipes too!! I have done Mexican Chili, Chili Mac and Turkey and black bean quesadillas. You'll just have to find time to make it initially but it'll save you time during the week.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    I've made a couple recipes on here that make so many servings I can eat left overs throughout the entire week. And they are good recipes too!! I have done Mexican Chili, Chili Mac and Turkey and black bean quesadillas. You'll just have to find time to make it initially but it'll save you time during the week.

I totally agree. I've bookmarked several recipes to make. Someone posted several months back a recipe that I think originally is from Cooking Light and is Moroccan Chickpea Stew. Very filling and very yummy, and the recipe lasts a few days. I'm always looking for filling yummy vegetarian recipes.