Photos from my Bakery. Warning: contains pictures of CAKE)

Options

Replies

• deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Ok, you all keep saying 'flan' but I didn't see a 'flan' there. Is this one of those american things again?

This is a flan:

202136_fruit_flan_2.jpg
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    Ok, you all keep saying 'flan' but I didn't see a 'flan' there. Is this one of those american things again?

This is a flan:

202136_fruit_flan_2.jpg

Yes this is a flan. My Nan used to make these at Chrismas. :)
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    American flan is what I'd call a creme caramel :smile:
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I think American flan is what all those Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries that specialize in flan call a flan. What you had up there is a fruit custard tart.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I think American flan is what all those Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries that specialize in flan call a flan. What you had up there is a fruit custard tart.

I think we call your 'flan' a 'creme caramel'. Our one is definetely a flan, and it doesn't have custard in or a hard pastry edge which would make it a tart. :smokin:
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Yum.. The red velvet cupcake is calling my name. Might have to hunt up a low cal recipe. Hay! What if you had a little section where you had just a few lowcal cupcakes? Im sure ppl would be into it-i know i would :)
  • puffidredz
    puffidredz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    i've never been a sweets eater so that looked kinda gross to me lol. i dont like all the stuff thats put on cake so the only time i've ever eaten cake is on special occasions like a birthday party when it's just a plain cake with icing. i probably eat cake like twice a year at my nieces' birthday parties lol. i dunno i guess i'm weird and i never eat deserts when at a restaurant.
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    I honestly don't want to eat any of these cakes and muffins.

Though that could be because I'm a pie person.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I think I just gained a few looking at it!
    Yum!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I want to eat all the foodz! Baked goods are my kryptonite!
  • linhmaimac
    linhmaimac Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Sweet jeebies....FLAN!!!! I'll swim in a pool of that. Or lay on top, rather.
  • mminor77
    mminor77 Posts: 313
    Options
    this is what I am up against every day!!!! UGGGH. now you know why i gained 60 lbs!!

:love: :love: :love:
    miniredvelvetfork.jpg

:sad: :sad: :sad:

sconessmores.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

flan.jpg

organicmuffins.jpg

mybakery.jpg

:love: WHYYYYYYYYY would you post this??? :sad: Why would you do this to me????:grumble: My kryptonite! OMG I need to go exercise now. :frown:
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I used to work for Swensen's Ice Cream. The supervisor said I'd eventually get sick of ice cream. Never happened. :grumble:

I used to work in a toffee factory. I was allowed to eat all the toffee I wanted since the owner figured I'd be tired of it soon enough. Never. Happened.

Luckily, the owner also ran me off my feet, so I ended up losing a little weight at that job. :laugh:
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Ay que rico! I'm assuming WindyCity Cupcakes is in Chicago? If so, I really need to take my family LOL...although I can't indulge unless you have gluten-free goodies?
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options

This is a flan:

202136_fruit_flan_2.jpg

Try using google. Just type in "Flan" and see what comes up. It's a traditional spanish/portugese custard dessert as pictured above.

The picture you posted is a fruit tart.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I used to work for Swensen's Ice Cream. The supervisor said I'd eventually get sick of ice cream. Never happened. :grumble:

My dad worked for Baskin Robins for years and we ALWAYS had ice cream in the house. Never got sick of it.

OOoohhh Rocky Road...nom nom nom. :love:

Edited to say: He worked at the warehouse, not the store. So we had 5 gallon buckets of ice cream!! My parents had to buy a deep freeze to keep them..lol!
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone. i posted these pics because i am proud of my work, and maybe showing off just a little bitty tiny bit. sometimes just showing people what i made and hearing the oohs and aahs is almost better than eating it. i can't explain why. yes, the flan is what we call flan the fruit tart is a fruit tart it's french.

i made all the items in this thread, they are my recipes. i own a bakery in chicago. it is not called windycity cupcake, i will leave the name anon because i prefer to be anon on here so i can speak candidly. i also make gluten free things and many of my baked goods are vegan (youd never know it, most people dont).

i would love to try and post a low calorie low fat version of what i make. i would have to test the recipes first though, and i'm still not strong enough to do that. in other words, even if i made a low fat version of something and allowed myself to eat some, i would end up eating the whole pan and accumulating just as many fat and calories. too soon i think, i've only been on the wagon for five days. but maybe in a week or so when i have more willpower!

i know it's odd to post fattening dessert pictures in a weight loss forum and that's why i put a warning in the title. i too start to crave desserts sometimes when i see too many photos of them. but i also think this forum and site is here to help us feel good about ourselves and focus on things we are proud of so thats why i posted it.

for all you non sweet eaters, i wll post photos of savory pies and quiches later when i get back to the bakery, so watch out! hehe

xo
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I hate myself for looking at those pictures. :sad: :laugh:
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, you poor thing! Wishing you lots of strength (for I have none!) :laugh:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6a297MK7x1qc6t0go2_400.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad:(gasps for air) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ...