No more lurking!

dcherry88
dcherry88 Posts: 15 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I've lurked off and on since i joined back in july but haven't really put it to use. I've been on my weightloss journey since about May 08 and have come down alot. Im still 100lbs off my goal roughly but it's been both a physical and emotional journey for me. I'm 21 and have been overweight since i was about 8 or 9. I started small, lifting weights, some eliptical(very little) and have worked up. I did my first round of P90x last March. I'm finishing up my 2nd "Full" round this week and feel great. I've gone down a shirt size and 2 pant sizes, and think im due to buy a new pair of jeans soon :D. I now do my p90x with some p90x+ workouts tossed in and have taken up Martial-arts three nights a week (gotta go in 15mins in fact!) I have yet to get myself out of bed for that early morning cardio i desperately want to start doing but i'll get there. I finally decided to start posting on here cause while i have alot of support from people around me, I'm finding it from all those people who are already fit, or the ones unwilling to change themselves and start down the road to a healthy lifestyle. I need people who go through what i do everyday, and are rebuilding who they are and can relate with me. Anyway, thats me!

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    I've lurked off and on since i joined back in july but haven't really put it to use. I've been on my weightloss journey since about May 08 and have come down alot. Im still 100lbs off my goal roughly but it's been both a physical and emotional journey for me. I'm 21 and have been overweight since i was about 8 or 9. I started small, lifting weights, some eliptical(very little) and have worked up. I did my first round of P90x last March. I'm finishing up my 2nd "Full" round this week and feel great. I've gone down a shirt size and 2 pant sizes, and think im due to buy a new pair of jeans soon :D. I now do my p90x with some p90x+ workouts tossed in and have taken up Martial-arts three nights a week (gotta go in 15mins in fact!) I have yet to get myself out of bed for that early morning cardio i desperately want to start doing but i'll get there. I finally decided to start posting on here cause while i have alot of support from people around me, I'm finding it from all those people who are already fit, or the ones unwilling to change themselves and start down the road to a healthy lifestyle. I need people who go through what i do everyday, and are rebuilding who they are and can relate with me. Anyway, thats me!

Hi, welcome!:flowerforyou: It's about time you started posting instead of just "lurking"! :laugh:
    I think you'll find MFP much more fun, as well as downright addicting, now that you'll be "talking" to all the wonderfully supportive members, instead of just "listening". :wink: :smile:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,515 Member
    Welcome!

This is really a great place to be at. You can also join a group in the message board and keep track of your weight and it's just great group support.

We are all here for the same thing.
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Welcome!
    Your story sounds very similar to my own. I plan to stop my lurking ways as well and put MFP and its members to good use! If you're like me, you need all of the support and encouragement you can get. Good luck and keep up the good work!! :happy:
  • dcherry88
    dcherry88 Posts: 15 Member
    appreciate the welcomes everyone!
This discussion has been closed.