30 Day Shred

Options
2»

Replies

• NATurally_Me83
    NATurally_Me83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Started day one yesterday. And I sweat buckets! It was tough, but hopefully this will prepare me for another home workout set..like Insanity or the likes.. nice thread
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have started it twice and noticed that I don't lose weight like I do when I don't do it. My health insurance company makes us participate in a plan, either WW or wear a pedometer, if our BMI is over 30. We have to go the dr every year and based on your weight, the dr determines what your BMI is. I am just a couple pounds under what I need to be not to have to participate this year. So I have put off finishing 30DS until I'm have not failed this BMI measure. Once that cloud isn't looming over my head, I'll start it again.

Back to point though. I don't lose much weight when I do 30DS but I feel amazing and I know I am toning up and losing inches. I'm very curious to do it for the whole cycle so I can see results from start to finish. From the first time doing it to the second time doing it, I increased the number of push ups I can do by almost double! I thought that was enough of a reason to keep doing it. It is a great work out in a short time.
  • raggyanndoll
    Options
    Yesterday I completed Level 3 Day 4 of the 30 Day Shred. I have not lost much weight at all but have lost inches in my hips and waist. I can definitely see a difference in my shape. Although I could wish for more weight loss, I am pleased with having to buy smaller pants!
  • mariaT29
    mariaT29 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today is my First day of 30 day shred and I love it.. it's strenuous but already feel's Affective! Exercise combined with the Proper diet,i Know i'll lose inches and pound's. I've taken some before shot's today and when the 30 day's are over i'll post my before and after :-)
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am currently on Day 5 of Level 3 of the 30 Day Shred so my results aren't final yet, but I can share my results thus far. I have measured and weighed myself the day after completing each level. The results during level 2 aren't as great, but I think a lot of that was due to taking rest days because I was sick combined with all of the extra holiday eating and drinking. I'd still say it is an excellent workout and the results are well worth it. At least that's what I tell myself in between yelling at Jillian during my workouts. Haha :)

Starting measurements:

CW: 219.5 lbs
    Waist: 38.5 inches
    Hips: 47.5 inches
    Thigh: 25 inches

At the end of level 1:

CW: 215.5 lbs
    Waist: 37 inches
    Hips: 45.5 inches
    Thighs: 23.75 inches

At the end of Level 2:

CW: 213.5 lbs
    Waist: 35.5 inches
    Hips: 45.5 inches
    Thighs: 22 inches

Total lost so far:

Pounds: 6
    Inches: 8
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    This was after halfway through level 2. I had to stop because the moves in level 2 made my injury flare up.

7051380_2597.jpg
  • melnikdanil1
    Options
    I found out about 30 day Shred here in MFP.Desided to give it a try.i found all 3 shreds on you tube.completed my level 1 and started level 2 immidiatly.I MODIFIED MY DIET and it was the key for weight loss,shred gave me lots of energy and toned my body . It definately worth trying!!!
  • time4changexx
    time4changexx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/time4changexx

There is a blog of my results. I didnt lose much weight but lost about 19in all over. I pretty much ate like crap throughout though. I am now doing the 30DS a second time with heavier weights & keeping my eating in line. Feel free to add me anyone!
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Why yes I have. I completed it around Christmas time and had awesome results. 8.2lbs & 16.5" gone. Here is a link to my pics. You will have to copy and paste b/c I have no idea how to get it highlighted to were you can just click on it.
    Good luck, it is well worth it.
    http://s1358.beta.photobucket.com/user/jdeyoung1/library/30ds Before and After
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I finished 30DS about 2 weeks ago. I spread it out much longer than I wanted (about 3 months, eek!) but ended up losing about 8 inches all around. I'm 5'3 and started 30DS at about 135. I'm now 126. I'm onto ripped in 30 now, and I'm making a much better effort to do the days within 1.5 months. Good luck!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Hello Astephens, I have completed the programme and have now handed it over to my sis-in-law who is starting today. I found that I didn't lose weight much but I toned up immensely and gained muscles. I combined it with cycling to work 4 days a week (20 mins a day) jogging once a week (30 mins) and 2.5 hours a week of martial arts so I didn't do it every day. My body composition has changed a lot to looking more athletic because of this combination. My profile pic is me after completing the shred and I really love my arms.

After doing the shred I totally changed my outlook on being trim. I am now focused on being toned than losing weight. Lose weight, lose muscle, lose fat, lose inches. That is how this programme and MFP has helped me to think.

I wish you all the best whatever your goals.:smile:
  • kath1eS
    Options
    I'm currently doing 30DS for the second time in my life. I think the first time I wasn't honest with my abilities and jumped to level 2 too quickly (after 10 days). I also don't think I pushed as hard as I have been this time around. The real measurement for me was the AB routines. I used to dread those parts because they hurt so much and were the hardest for me. I carry most of my weight in my belly. I stuck with Level 1 for 20 days and now I'm on to level 2. It is a killer!! Again, I'm taking it slow for now but also pushing hard and past some of the pain and hope to have this too mastered by day 20 on level 2.

As far as weight loss goes, I lost 4lbs after the first week as well as an inch off my mid section. By week 2 I had started to gain back what I had lost. It could be related to the time of the month, or even my muscles holding onto the water to repair and build themselves, I don't know. This is the part where I usually give up and quit from being discouraged and the cycle of bad eating starts again. This time I want this to work, so I put the scale away and have just been concentrating on eating clean and pushing hard through the workouts. It usually takes girls more time to see results bc we have less muscle building testosterone than boys do. With that in mind, I'm going to stick to my 20 days per level and post my weight loss and measurements at the end of day 60!

My goal is to lose about 40lbs 7 months from now. If I can keep up 5-10lbs a month I will be golden. I am not counting this month because I am hoping that this month was my body getting used to me working out again, and eating a whole new diet. I've been reading Jillian's Master Your Metabolism and eliminating all the fake foods from my diet. I didn't gain all this weights over night so I'm trying to remember that it won't come off over night.

Good luck everyone!
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I liked it the first time I tired it, I made it till the last week and couldn't do it anymore. lol I just started it again today, and will do it at least 4 times a week. Just for something to do since it is cold outside, you gain weight a few pounds because you retain water in your muscles you haven't used for so long, it goes away. You will lose though. gl
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!