Per 100g (made up) confusion

Options
I have a pasta snack pot that says on the back 123 calories per 100g made up. So im guessing that means that if the pot weighs 50g and then weighs 200g after adding water i would need to double that value to make 246 calories.

however my fitness pal scans both two flavours at 123/pot.

Am i correct in saying that i should times the nutritional values by the amount of total weight after adding the water to the pot ?

Replies

• xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have a pasta snack pot that says on the back 123 calories per 100g made up. So im guessing that means that if the pot weighs 50g and then weighs 200g after adding water i would need to double that value to make 246 calories.

however my fitness pal scans both two flavours at 123/pot.

Am i correct in saying that i should times the nutritional values by the amount of total weight after adding the water to the pot ?

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're weighing 50 grams of dry pasta+snack pot. That calories on the back are most probably for cooked pasta as it's too low for any dry pasta I can think of. 100g of cooked is around how much you get when you cook your snack pasta (it' probably around 30 grams of dry pasta) so you can take it as it is. It's not 246 cals but 123 cals.