What do I do with an Eggplant??

Options
2»

Replies

• BenderFitness
    Options
    Eggplant is one of my favorite foods! Here are some of my fave recipes:

http://www.benderfitness.com/2012/08/eggplant-and-zucchini-roll-ups.html Eggplant/Zucchini roll ups

http://www.benderfitness.com/2012/06/baked-eggplant-recipe-116-calories-per.html Baked Eggplant (116 calories)

http://www.benderfitness.com/2012/06/grilled-eggplant-sandwich-recipe.html Grilled Eggplant Sandwich.

If you try any I hope you enjoy!
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I love a sandwich consisting of a couple roasted eggplant slices (roast under the broiler, salt if you like) and hummous.

Very simple. There are a lot of recipes out there for many different variations of this but this is the easiest.
  • linusr
    linusr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Roast it on the grill (or broil) until skin is black all over. Set it aside to cool, and chop up:

1 onion
    2+ cloves of garlic
    1" piece of ginger

Fry those in a little olive oil. Add:

1/2 tsp ground coriander
    1/2 tsp turmeric

After a minute or so, add a couple of chopped tomatoes.

Now chop up the eggplant and chuck it in with the onion and spice mix. Stir, cook on medium for 10-15 minutes.
    Chop up 1/4 cup of cilantro and stir it in. Eat with rice.

If you like spicy food you can add a green chili with the ginger and garlic.
  • whwalker123
    Options
    Eggplant Parmesan. Google it and find your favorite recipe. I'm making some tomorrow!
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Roast it on the grill (or broil) until skin is black all over. Set it aside to cool, and chop up:

1 onion
    2+ cloves of garlic
    1" piece of ginger

Fry those in a little olive oil. Add:

1/2 tsp ground coriander
    1/2 tsp turmeric

After a minute or so, add a couple of chopped tomatoes.

That sounds so delicious. Thanks. :flowerforyou:

Now chop up the eggplant and chuck it in with the onion and spice mix. Stir, cook on medium for 10-15 minutes.
    Chop up 1/4 cup of cilantro and stir it in. Eat with rice.

If you like spicy food you can add a green chili with the ginger and garlic.

This looks so delicious!! Thanks for the recipe. :flowerforyou:
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    sprinkle with seasalt and bake, make kabobs with sour dough bread, feta mixed with lemon juice, eggplant and cherry tomatoes. yumyumyum
  • HazelCaz
    HazelCaz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I made eggplant parmesan this week and found a healthier recipe.
    You slice the eggplant in 1/2 slices, dip them in egg whites and whole wheat bread crumbs, a little parmesan and italian seasoning and then bake them first in the oven for 20 minutes per side at 400 degrees. Then you build your layers with sauce, low fat ricotta and some low fat mozzarella and cook for 30 more minutes. It came out awesome.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    My favorite sandwich is an eggplant parmesan hero.
    I don't have too many of them, but mmmmmmmmmmmm
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Bumping for Melissa's baked eggplant. That looks good! I usually just saute mine with tofu or tempeh and teriyaki sauce, or cut into small pieces and saute it alone and make mini pizzas with black olives and mozz, or just eat it by itself with a little garlic and salt, or whatever spices you like.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I had eggplant last night. Sauteed with onion, jalapeno, black beans, put it on a tortilla, added some tomato and avocado.
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    ratatoullie all the way!