How to count :life: calories

Options
2»

Replies

• twonkieone
    twonkieone Posts: 132
    Options
    I think you need to remember your goal. Always keep that in mind.

Your profile is to get the sexy back - or something like that. Keeping track of every single calorie burned would become tedious and for what benefit?

If you plan to eat all of your exercise calories back then you might want to be more diligent, but if you're looking to become sexier (an admirable goal) then be real with yourself. Walking the dog does burn calories, but certainly not like going for an intentional aerobic activity such as power walking.

Focus on the activities that tone your body (which is how I tend to define sexy). Walking up and down stairs will help tone your body. Is it necessary to calculate exactly how many calories are being burned? Probably not.

However, if you decide, daaaang ... I like how the stairs help bring definition to my glutes, etc, then by all means add more stair laps and count them.

Point being, there's no right or wrong answer. It all goes back to what your goal is. Focus on that and you'll figure it out.

loooooooooooooooove this answer- thanks for the perspective check --- i can see how easily you can get crazy about food/calories/exercise --- and i DO NOT have time for that also!!!! now off to the squats cause DAAAAANG they hurt the butt!!! :wink: