72 lbs you think I'd be stoked

Options
So why do I still feel fat why when I look in the mirror does it not seem like that much :( I don't get it! I went from 242 to 170 sure there's still some to lose and people are always complimenting me, but how do you change the mentallity?

Replies

• cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options
    you look friggen' fantastic.

I have a hard time when I lose weight too. I look in the mirror and still see a fat me. Here is what works for me:

Try putting on some of your clothes from when you were 242. Notice how big they are! Sometimes it's hard to realize just HOW small you've gotten until you can physically compare it to how big you were before.

HTH!

And by the way you just motivated me to go do another 'round of the 30 day shred :P
  • Tinker73
    Options
    I dont know why we do that,I have lost almost 100 lbs now but I still think that I am fat and dont see the prgress I have done.I only see the number I still need to loose.Which is another 70 lbs.Try what the other person said and try on your "FAT" clothes.It will make you feel better.:flowerforyou:
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    we get so used to living one way its hard to realize we are not that way anymore. I always think.. wow, ive lost alot, i look good, then i see a picture of myself and it hits me like a brick how much more I still have to lose.

Looking at before pictures, comparing them to now pictures... trying on clothes that used to fit.. all those things can help put things in perspective... but really we have to just retrain our brains to acknowlege the new you... Im still working on that myself, but i need to drop another 50 pounds or so first...
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! One part of me totally knows I'm healthy and sexy the other still sees the old me... But hey the old me sure as heck didn't wear a sz 8 which is a great point my old 22's are long gone couldn't try em on if I wanted but I sure remember how big they were!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! One part of me totally knows I'm healthy and sexy the other still sees the old me... But hey the old me sure as heck didn't wear a sz 8 which is a great point my old 22's are long gone couldn't try em on if I wanted but I sure remember how big they were!

Size 8....drooool. I can't WAIT to wear a size 8. I think I've been in size 20+ for my entire adult life. I don't know why, but I feel when I hit a small size like that, I'll be struttin' myself. Hopefully you come to appreciate the weight loss, and rock the new body. :smile:
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Mfp is the way to go!!! Look how much you've already lost! Go team!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    wow! you look great! 72 lbs is a phenomenal success!!! im sorry you are feeling that you are still fat, but like others have said, try putting on your old fat clothes. you need to appreciate who you are and all your hard work!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    72 lbs. GONE!!! Size 8!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

You have SOOO much to be proud of. I vote for taking a picture of yourself as you are. For myself, I can see the change in the mirror, but a picture seems to put things in better perspective.

Here I am thinking how great it is that I can get into a size 16 for the first time in about 8 years, and you are in an 8...so I guess we just all keep on working at it!!!

Best wishes to all!!