Encouraging Words Needed Please

Options
I hate to be a baby but I've gone off the wagon the last 2 days. I've lost 31 pounds since starting the C25K program in December. I still have approximately 40 pounds to lose. I've run 2 5K's this year. I know I have a lot to be thankful for but the last 2 days I've gone way over my calorie limit. I got under 190 on Monday and was feeling on top of the world. Nut now i feel like BLAH. I'm looking for some words of encouragement. If you can spare some, please help.

Replies

• JilianneNicole
    JilianneNicole Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Remember why you started this journey in the first place. Go and write down all your goals and do a refresher course. Think of all the positive changes you have already made and how many people's lives you have impacted on your journey. You deserve to be happy and healthy and all the tools you need to succeed are inside of you. Keep your head up, shoulders back and take a deep breath. You will get there....it's a marathon and not a sprint. Good luck. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want!! I know you can do this!!
  • ksb0602
    ksb0602 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over 2 lousy days!!!! Think about how far you have come. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the wagon :) We all have those crappy days that's what makes us human.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    You realize you're just about to your half way mark? You say "off the wagon", I say "celebratory pause".

Now get back on that wagon because 40 lb. ain't gonna lose itself. Treat that amazing transforming body right cuz it ain't done you no wrong.

Lemme hear a hoo-rah!!! *smacks butt* Get out there and punch hard!

Edited for use of the wrong "your". :embarassed:
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have days like that all the time. Still lost weight. Don't worry about it. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • Chigger56
    Chigger56 Posts: 105
    Options
    I guess that means your human. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off and get going again. Two days arent anything in the big picture. The war is NOT lost!! You CAN do this.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over 2 lousy days!!!! Think about how far you have come. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the wagon :) We all have those crappy days that's what makes us human.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    It's not how many times we fall, it's how many times we get back up.

Success isn't about being perfect, it's about persevering. You can do it.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ditto!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of where you are. Lost 34 pounds since late December - did C25K and ran one in June. I have days that I go over and I say "So what?" to myself!!!! There are so many days that I am under. I have a DEFICIT built in (I'm sure you do too), so if I'm over my goal, that doesn't mean I'm eating to put pounds back on. It means I'm taking a break from worrying about losing weight and enjoying myself a bit.... while holding steady. I certainly didn't lose 34 pounds over 7 months by dieting every single day. It's about having a healthy lifestyle and not fretting about every single day.

Enjoy a couple days off - it helps to not feel deprived and like you're on a diet all the time - then get back to it WITHOUT ANY GUILT please. You have done so well and achieved so much, there is no need to feel bad about a couple days going over.
  • I_am_katy
    Options
    And just think how much worse it could've been and that you stopped yourself before you got there! It's hard to stay on track 100% of the time and if you do that, you're just setting yourself up for a massive binge that can easily go on for more than 2 days so stay on track, let yourself have those occasional little bad meals or moments but keep going, you're almost halfway so almost on the home stretch!
  • ElizabethAnnSz
    ElizabethAnnSz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody. I am feeling better. There's nothing I can do about today. But I can do something about tomorrow and the day after. Feeling better.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    hey girl!! Everyone has little setbacks. But it doesn't mean all your work is for nothing. You're still doing it. Just pick up, get back on the wagon, keep logging, keep doing your workouts... and one little blip in the signal won't mean a thing :-) You can do this. You're about halfway already!!
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    Not everyone can run a 5k. Think about all the things you couldnt do before, and think about how much fitter and healthier you are and how much weight you have lost. You are doing great. Keep up the good work
  • LoriInnerStrength
    LoriInnerStrength Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    "The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right now." - Zig Ziglar
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Maybe in the future, plan a cheat day every now and then. Maybe not every week, but it helps!
  • Sharlene113
    Sharlene113 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I got under 190 on Monday and was feeling on top of the world.

I can't wait to be under 190! Whoohoooo! You're doing great! It's only 2 days and you came and asked for assistance. That's worth it's weight in gold. Great job!:happy:
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Don't stress, but I leave my diary public and log everything. I really leaves me a level of accountability to my friends. My recommendation is forget about the last two days, lace up and head out, and get back to eating right.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Think about what you will do when you reach your goal and need to maintain the weight loss. You will have days that you slip up. Are you going to beat yourself up every time you do? Gosh, I hope not! This is for the long haul, and you will have to learn to keep moving forward despite setbacks. Remind yourself tomorrow that this is training you to maintain your weight loss once you get there. Keep your head up, you can do it!
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Slow down for a bit and refocus yourself, ALWAYS stick to a calorie deficit, and you will be just fine... excersize is good yes, but the results will always come from a calorie deficit, so not to worry =]
  • strikeout
    Options

Yes exactly, I agree with this. Its not easy to stay the course as I can attest having had many false starts, best of luck!